User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t had much success with the auto hitch. Asked about how it worked at the dealer. Not much help. So what I understand you saying is that the front (hitch) has to be level or higher when you hit auto level and that is the position saved for auto hitch returns to when ready to hitch back up?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's how it works (at least for me).

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wished mine worked that way. It is constantly 4in lower (measured with a tape measure) from where I unhitch at. It's like its programmed to go to that height no mater matter what

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Here's how mine works

Pull in to spot (or driveway) manually raise front with front jacks to unhitch height.

Unhitch.

Hit "auto level". 5er auto levels.

When Im ready to leave, I hit the auto reconnect and it raises it to the height it was at PRIOR to autolevel.

I don't use the ground front jacks during my unhitch process or auto reconnect process.

Mike
    I do the same thing and it has worked 100% of the time for both my electric (Reflection) and hydraulic (Solitude) leveling systems.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I do the same thing and it has worked 100% of the time for both my electric (Reflection) and hydraulic (Solitude) leveling systems.
    This works only if the front of the trailer is above "level". The auto level will only work when the front is above level, the first thing it wants to do is lower the front to get the unit level front to back. So when you un-hook from tow vehicle the front of your unit must be higher than "level" for the auto-reconnect to work. I have tried to auto level mine with the nose down and the first thing it does is lower it further and beeps at me, so I had to raise the front above level and then start again , only done that once quick learner (haha).

Brian ( the other one)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer told me I didn't have the reconnect feature. I do. Here is the process.

Arrive
    Set front jacks to unhitch height and unhitch - pull truck forward to clear trailer
    Hit Auto Level

Rehitch
    Hit auto reconnect and rehitch
    Hit auto retract for all jacks

Works every time...so far.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my 27RL a couple months ago from a seasoned RV’r, he told me that he always is thinking about his batteries and motors on slides and levelers. Every time he arrived in a park he would hook up power cord first, level and move out slides. You can hear the difference in the motors working on a/c verses d/c. He also took the time to plug into his Honda generator to assist when dry camping.

I love the Anderson buckets. This reduces the front jacks from having to work as long. They give a great base and 8” of height.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D90D7326-5688-4F6E-948D-89FD31DE7699.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	649.7 KB 
ID:	21001

This is kept near controls
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I guess they don't enable it to discourage people like me who were using them to aid with getting the wheels off and holding the frame up to put jack stands in place. The 6 jacks are rated for 30k pounds in total per the LCI website but they adamantly tell you to not use them to "jack up" the trailer. Seems like mixed messaging to me. I used them to raise the trailer to a working height for getting the wheels off, and once I had that height in place, I deployed a pair of 6 ton jack stands on each side to "help" the leveling jacks. I did this with only the front and rear jacks as the middles were not workable.

I will add, it is incredibly annoying to do this work without the aid of those jacks as the trailer frame has to be positioned VERY high (like 24-25") in order to get the wheels off. This required 3-4 squares of 2x12 under each jack stand and a whole freaking stack of blocks under a 12 ton bottle jack to assist with lifting the frame (before I realized the leveling jacks were more than ample). You would think the heavy duty electric jacks with 2x the needed capacity bolted to the frame at 6 points would be best suited and safest for this task.....
    Yet if you can find it, the LCI literature on the level up system SPECIFICALLY says one of the advantages of level up vs other brands was the ability to use it to change tires (I had it a week or so ago but cant find in again). My guess is the lawyers got involved and nixed that for liability reasons.

I have never run mine up on block for an out of level site. I do use the Andersen jack block to keep the stroke as short as possible but I have had wheels off the ground on several occasions.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    When I bought my 27RL a couple months ago from a seasoned RV’r, he told me that he always is thinking about his batteries and motors on slides and levelers. Every time he arrived in a park he would hook up power cord first, level and move out slides. You can hear the difference in the motors working on a/c verses d/c. He also took the time to plug into his Honda generator to assist when dry camping.

I love the Anderson buckets. This reduces the front jacks from having to work as long. They give a great base and 8” of height.
    Yes to this as I forgot to mention, I try not to run any of the slides with out electric hook up if I can, the auto level does not seem bad just using the battery but the slides do sound better as you mentioned.

Brian

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast