User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you lock out the outside control?

Is there anyway to disable the outside controller for the leveling system? Many of the higher end models put the controller inside the door of the front compartment however mine is outside. Would like to be able to disable that control when parked at home to make it hard for someone to hook up, retract the legs, and drive away. Don't want to disconnect battery because someone could just plug in their vehicle first to provide power and second trailer is plugged in all summer at home for fridge etc.

Thoughts anyone?
    2019 SRW Superduty 6.7 PSD
    2021 Grand Design Reflections 31MB

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03griz View Post
    Is there anyway to disable the outside controller for the leveling system? Many of the higher end models put the controller inside the door of the front compartment however mine is outside. Would like to be able to disable that control when parked at home to make it hard for someone to hook up, retract the legs, and drive away. Don't want to disconnect battery because someone could just plug in their vehicle first to provide power and second trailer is plugged in all summer at home for fridge etc.

Thoughts anyone?
    You should be able to unplug the pigtail from the back of the control panel.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    You should be able to unplug the pigtail from the back of the control panel.
    I was thinking more of the lines of a simple switch to turn off and on when needed. I still want to use it. Would be nice if it could be locked out in the app or from the one control screen.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03griz View Post
    I was thinking more of the lines of a simple switch to turn off and on when needed. I still want to use it. Would be nice if it could be locked out in the app or from the one control screen.
    Nope, if you want, you could write a SPST switch on the positive side of the control panel, inside the compartment. That would effectively cut it off.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will look into the swith option in the spring. For now I made a big pile of snow infront of the trailer. Either need a loader or a lot of time with a shovel to take it........

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @03griz, Here is a pic of the leveling system brain mounted in the front compartment of our 2022 303. I would think you could just pull the fuses for the front landing gear. I haven't tried it but that was my plan if I need to secure it. Just a thought. Snow bank sounds good enough till spring for you.
    Dennis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one control brain.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	44143
    Dennis & Sharon
    2019 GMC 2500HD Denali
    2006 Crossroads Cruiser - retired
    2022 Reflection 303RLS