Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips and Tricks for lippert 3.0 leveling system

I would like to start a tips and tricks thread for 3.0 system

I don't have any yet. When I do I will post them.

In the meantime please add your tips and tricks.

Thanks
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put leveling blocks under the feet to minimize extension lengths before hitting auto-level.

If the site is way off level, i will drive the low side up on the Andersen levelers to prevent the tires from being lifted off the ground.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If, while unhitching your trailer from the truck, and the front end of the trailer is low (lower than it would be when level) and you hit the auto level, you will get a fault. So on mine, when unhitching and that is the case, I will raise the front of the trailer to a point I can visually see that it is nose high and above level on the front. Then hit the auto level and everything will auto level and life is good. Be warned though, the point that you raised it to will become your "hitch position" for that trip. So if you hit the button for hitch position, you will end up with the front of the trailer higher than it needs to be for hitching. No worries, hit the button to lower the front manually until it's at the correct height for hitching.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t had much success with the auto hitch. Asked about how it worked at the dealer. Not much help. So what I understand you saying is that the front (hitch) has to be level or higher when you hit auto level and that is the position saved for auto hitch returns to when ready to hitch back up?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wished mine worked that way. It is constantly 4in lower (measured with a tape measure) from where I unhitch at. It's like its programmed to go to that height no mater matter what

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the remote https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...All%20Products

A little pricey but I find it useful when hitching and unhitching. I can use it in the truck and look out back window , or the wife can stand beside the truck bed and use it. A lot easier than sticking your head into the compartment.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I bought the remote https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...All%20Products

A little pricey but I find it useful when hitching and unhitching. I can use it in the truck and look out back window , or the wife can stand beside the truck bed and use it. A lot easier than sticking your head into the compartment.

Brian
    This will work even if the system didn’t come with a remote? I had it in my Cougar and my 2019 Reflection didn’t have one. I’d gladly buy one if the main unit is already set up to use a remote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    This will work even if the system didn’t come with a remote? I had it in my Cougar and my 2019 Reflection didn’t have one. I’d gladly buy one if the main unit is already set up to use a remote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can operate the system without the remote. In the front storage above the door in the middle is the controllers for the leveling system. There should be a thin black wire connected at one end and loose on the other , this is the antenna. When the Lippert 3.0 is purchased as an aftermarket item I believe it comes with the remote, I do not know why an RV with this system does not come with the remote. The previous version is not remote capable , I think.
    On your 337 I think the panel is attached to the door so when you open the panel is easy to use. Mine is inside the storage with the nautilus panel on the front wall. I either have to bend over and stick my head in there or kneel down to see and use it. This is why I bought the remote. Also when hooking up to the trailer I use it from the cab of the truck to adjust the trailer up and down to meet the hitch, I also have the wife do this as it is easier to adjust being right beside the bed and hitch.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    You can operate the system without the remote. In the front storage above the door in the middle is the controllers for the leveling system. There should be a thin black wire connected at one end and loose on the other , this is the antenna. When the Lippert 3.0 is purchased as an aftermarket item I believe it comes with the remote, I do not know why an RV with this system does not come with the remote. The previous version is not remote capable , I think.
    On your 337 I think the panel is attached to the door so when you open the panel is easy to use. Mine is inside the storage with the nautilus panel on the front wall. I either have to bend over and stick my head in there or kneel down to see and use it. This is why I bought the remote. Also when hooking up to the trailer I use it from the cab of the truck to adjust the trailer up and down to meet the hitch, I also have the wife do this as it is easier to adjust being right beside the bed and hitch.

Brian
    Sorry, yes, I know I can operate without remote as I don’t have one now. My GC 3.0 is inside storage as well. It’s not terrible, but I have a camera run by a battery pack that I use when hooking up. I place the camera on the edge of my folded backflip cover where I glued a metal plate. The camera mount has magnets so I slap it on the plate and use to back in my truck to the kingpin. When I had my Cougar, it came with the remote. So I could back in using the camera and lowering or raising the king pin from the cab. It was pretty slick. But the GD didn’t come with a remote. I’ll have to look for that antenna wire, I don’t think it’s there. eTrailer site says all GC 3.0’s will take remote, but I’m seeing conflicting info. Have emailed Lippert to get an answer.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    Have emailed Lippert to get an answer.
    Please share their response. I would really like to have a remote as the panel for my 310GK is in my LP area and is very hard to see.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast