Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 26RL Water Overflow

After 1 1/2 yrs ownership of my 26RL and very pleased overall. I've made two major road trips but so far have not filled the fresh water tank but will be doing that in the near future. I've seen some comments about the water over flowing or sloshing out while going down the road:cool. What can I expect when filling the fresh water tank? Thanks for any input....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    After 1 1/2 yrs ownership of my 26RL and very pleased overall. I've made two major road trips but so far have not filled the fresh water tank but will be doing that in the near future. I've seen some comments about the water over flowing or sloshing out while going down the road:cool. What can I expect when filling the fresh water tank? Thanks for any input....
    Fill is straightforward, power fill on Nautilus
    We also were concerned with reports of sloshing or siphoning en route, added a shut off valve to the overflow. Leave open unless your loading up fresh water for some dry camping. In that case fill fresh water, close overflow valve, drive to dry camp site and open the overflow valve on arrival.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tortise,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm guessing it's going to be obvious where the overflow is but I don't think I want to fill it up to find it, instead I'll want to install the shutoff prior so can you tell me where the overflow is. Much thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tortise,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm guessing it's going to be obvious where the overflow is but I don't think I want to fill it up to find it, instead I'll want to install the shutoff prior so can you tell me where the overflow is. Much thanks for the info.
    With the caveat that ours is a 27RL, just inside of the street side rear wheel is the white pvc tube with blade valve for emptying the tank. The overflow is next to it looks like 1/2 or 3/4 “blue pex. The white drain tube is roughly 2”

Good luck

2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Measure the overflow tube to be sure , ours is 3/4" and I believe that is the standard size, but who says they are all standard.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Measure the overflow tube to be sure , ours is 3/4" and I believe that is the standard size, but who says they are all standard.

Brian
    Brian I think you are correct, I recall using a 3/4” shut off valve, but am not able to verify at the moment which is why I was vague. As you said always best to measure yourself.
    Thanks for the clarification.

2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tortise View Post
    Brian I think you are correct, I recall using a 3/4” shut off valve, but am not able to verify at the moment which is why I was vague. As you said always best to measure yourself.
    Thanks for the clarification.

It is 3/4 and my 26RL has a waste gate for dumping water next to the vent on the drivers side in the rear of the trlr. I installed the shut off valve and I believe all is good.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached pictureClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Overflow.2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	20780

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is 3/4 and my 26RL has a waste gate for dumping water next to the vent on the drivers side in the rear of the trlr. I installed the shut off valve and I believe all is good.
    Nice

2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500