User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just started on a 10,000 mile 2.5 month trip and I decided to get a TPMS before we started (a friend sent me a link on a good deal he found) ii is a TST 507 w/flow thru sensors. Man am I glad we did this. I had read that the flow throughs needed to be on a metal valve stem. I had metal with about 3/4" of rubber going into the wheel and thought it would be ok.

About 400 miles into our trip on I 182 near Pasco WA I got an alarm that said "fast Leak". Pulled onto shoulder (glad it wasn't a narrow rd w/ no shoulder). One of my valve stems was leaking like mad. I put on my spare and went to a Les Schwab in Pasco and had them put metal valve stems on all 4 trailer tires. The flow thurs are long and heavy I'm sure it cracked the stem.

Anyway got stopped before any damage to tire or trailer. Few years ago I CA I tore up the side of my trailer and completely trashed a tire. Money ($200.00) well spent.

Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a nail in a campsite, which caused a fast slow leak. My TPMS alarmed and I was able to change the tire with no issues.

I was very glad that I had the TPMS. I don't have a booster, but attached to the back window of the truck it works well.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Tire Patrol from RVI Brake on my 303 with 2 extra sensors on a Idaho Tote behind the TT without any kind of booster.
    https://rvibrake.com/collections/rvi...nt=21487887429
    Just plug in the command center to the usb port in the bedroom and a tablet on the dash. Just had my first flat last week on a trip and it let me know so I was able to pull over and change the tire without any damage to the unit.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased one of these below, about a week ago, but have not had time to even install it. I chose it over others as its display is very small, and solar powered so it can just sit on the dash without another cord dangling down.
    We did get the Momentum 25G, but man its a lot of work getting it set up the way we like it. Tomorrow we will be washing and waxing it for the first time.
    https://amazon.com/gp/product/B072NC...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the TST 507rv on two other trucks/5ers. I am now switching it over to our newer one. TST has the best service and it has saved me from problems twice. Well worth the price
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachnut View Post
    I purchased one of these below, about a week ago, but have not had time to even install it. I chose it over others as its display is very small, and solar powered so it can just sit on the dash without another cord dangling down.
    We did get the Momentum 25G, but man its a lot of work getting it set up the way we like it. Tomorrow we will be washing and waxing it for the first time.
    https://amazon.com/gp/product/B072NC...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The system you linked says the maximum monitored pressure is 87psi. It’s not really clear whether that is base pressure or the maximum reading. Anybody considering one should be aware of the limit.
    Last edited by jkwilson; 07-30-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12