Thread: Westlake Tires

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    Thank you I am just learning all this I like to know as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NP. Everyone here is very helpful so just keep asking as they come up. The more you know the better off you are.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have over 8,000 miles on our Westlakes and have had no problems with them. I have no plans to change them simply because they are Westlakes. I've read very few reports of people having actual problems with them. I've also seen a few reports of people having issues with the Goodyears. I do use a TPMS. Personally I think that is more important than the brand of tire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just switched out my Westlake E rated for a set of Sailin G rated. Was reading so many stories of tire failure didn’t want to take anymore chances esp on our way to the rally in IN in the heat. While the dealer was swapping out the tires he found one of the Westlakes was split on the inside tread. I usually do a pretty detailed inspection but not sure I would have seen this. So don’t forget to also check the inside of your tires!!
    Safe travels
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdresser View Post
    We have over 8,000 miles on our Westlakes and have had no problems with them. I have no plans to change them simply because they are Westlakes. I've read very few reports of people having actual problems with them. I've also seen a few reports of people having issues with the Goodyears. I do use a TPMS. Personally I think that is more important than the brand of tire.
    You have G or E?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhuggs View Post
    I just switched out my Westlake E rated for a set of Sailin G rated. Was reading so many stories of tire failure didn’t want to take anymore chances esp on our way to the rally in IN in the heat. While the dealer was swapping out the tires he found one of the Westlakes was split on the inside tread. I usually do a pretty detailed inspection but not sure I would have seen this. So don’t forget to also check the inside of your tires!!
    Safe travels
    Don
    Don I believe you did the right thing going to a G-rated tire. That 375 is a heavy trailer. The E-rated tire would have been at the edge of it's weight limit. Which means if you were to go over your limit a little bit you would have gone beyond the tires weight limit. With the storage of the 375 that could have meant trouble. E-rated tires on the smaller trailers might be okay but on the bigger ones I would recommend the G-rated tires.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gary!! Couldn’t agree more. I never understood why this trailer only had an E rated tire on it to begin with. It was comforting when towing back with the new Sailuns and cornering and not seeing them fold in the mirror.
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran my Westlakes for 20,000+ and NO ISSUES, they are a decent tire. What counts is how you treat them and take care of them no matter the brand. I replaced them this year with another brand that my guy at the tire store I use carries and believes in, and they have been good so far too. The Endurance may be good tires, and I run Goodyear on my truck, but,,, I can remember when Goodyear sold the absolute worst trailer tire on the market, the marathons... So I guess what the end final is, the Westlakes are descent tires, take care of them, and when you are ready talk to a good tire store that you are familiar with and see what the recommend... I’ve seen and questioned people on the boards bashing Westlakes and NONE of them personally have had trouble with the Westlakes, it always comes back to “I read this on a post....” Travel and have fun, no need to waste your money!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a new 2019 Imagine 2600RB in March. I had my first tire go out 20 miles from the dealership. Sidewall tear. I didn't even make it home. The trailer was still empty. Just heading down the highway and it let go. Living in Oregon I am sure my trailer had to make the 2000 plus mile journey from Indiana. Who knows why some last for many miles and others not so good.
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
    Ran my Westlakes for 20,000+ and NO ISSUES...
    Which Grand Design model do you have?
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually they are D tires. We have a 2600RB which is pretty light compared with many on this forum. I will probably go to an E rated tire when I need to replace but don't see any need to be in a hurry to do that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast