User Tag List

Thread: Removing decals

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing decals

When I had the ramp door on my 380TH replaced 2 years ago, they put new decals on. However, they are starting to peel at the edges and I’ve decided to just remove them.

Any idea what type product would be safe to use to help remove these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This gets a lot of good reviews here and elsewhere...GraphXOff

https://www.autotrimdesign.net/Graph...mover_GROG.asp
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    This gets a lot of good reviews here and elsewhere...GraphXOff

https://www.autotrimdesign.net/Graph...mover_GROG.asp
    Thanks! That looks like the ticket. Now I have to figure out what to put on there. I’ll bet I can find something motorcycle related like a Honda or Goldwing decal for much less than GD wants for theirs!

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Thanks! That looks like the ticket. Now I have to figure out what to put on there. I’ll bet I can find something motorcycle related like a Honda or Goldwing decal for much less than GD wants for theirs!

Alan
    I just want to caution you, I used GraphXoff removing the faded and cracked decals on my old SOB TT and it started to loosen the paint. That's some strong stuff.. Fortunately it was in a spot that wasn't too noticable. I ended up using a heat gun and plastic scraper to finish the job. In fact, the heat gun and scraper made the job easier. Then I just touched up with some Goo-Off to get the residue off.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    I just want to caution you, I used GraphXoff removing the faded and cracked decals on my old SOB TT and it started to loosen the paint. That's some strong stuff.. Fortunately it was in a spot that wasn't too noticable. I ended up using a heat gun and plastic scraper to finish the job. In fact, the heat gun and scraper made the job easier. Then I just touched up with some Goo-Off to get the residue off.

John
    I have a heat gun, so we may try that first. Since the door is only 2 years old, it’s in pretty good shape. I did note this product mentions removing paint so if nutty it I’ll test it first in an inconspicuous place.

The original decals looked like maybe they’d been put in place BEFORE the clear coat, that wasn’t the case for these, which may b why their failing. After 5 years and over 40k miles, the originals on the most and sides look terrific. I think they just did a shoddy job on the replacements.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to an auto parts store and get an eraser wheel to use in a drill. Takes them off quick and easy without damage to paint
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much work!

Get a can of PB Blaster.

It's a bolt penetrant that will melt Styrofoam cups as you watch.

It melts the adhesive and doesn't harm paint or gel coat.

It's available at any auto parts store.

Spray the edge of the decal and start peeling, spraying the interface of wall and decal when it gets the least bit difficult.

Remove decal in one piece (well, maybe several, if you want to tear off large chunks as you go along), throw away, wash wall with dishwashing detergent and water.

Wax, if desired.

Go to local college art class, ask Goth students to paint the walls.

You will never lose your trailer in the campground, again.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread but others may find it in a search. I own a sign company and we use Krystal Tech Vinyl Off. It works particularly good on older graphics. What it does is rejuvenates the vinyl so it doesn't break off in small bits and helps the adhesive release from the substrate. It hasn't bothered any other surface we have used it on. To remove any excess adhesive, Rapid Remover is absolutely the best. It is non toxic and water soluble. Spray it on, wast a few minutes then use a plastic scraper to remve the adhesive. If it doesn't all come off the first time, just spray on a little more. After you are done, just wash it with soap and water.
    Ayran and Paul McIntosh
    Box Elder, SD
    2020 Solitude 310GK "LaMancha"
    2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD