User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile 2500RL New and improved TV mount

We recently inquired about anyone who had changed out their stock TV mount ( 10" extension ) for a longer one that actually works as it should. We got no direct response other than buy one and stick it up so we decided to go for it.

First one we ordered was really heavy duty but dual arm and would not work. The one we installed is a single arm 25" extension and works great.

You can now actually watch TV from both recliners without a problem. You can move it closer to you, farther away if you want, basically any position, and also adjust the vertical angle about 15%.

It will be secured by a strap of fabric my wife uses to make grocery bags and the strap will be held with velcro. We are installing short pieces of pool noodle on each side in the back to keep it from wiggling around when tied down.

Don't know if I can attach pics or not, but will try.

Very pleased with the outcome. Obviously the GD folks never tried to actually watch the TV.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1652.jpg   IMG_1653.jpg   IMG_1654.jpg   IMG_1659.jpg   IMG_1656.jpg  

2018 F150 Eco 4x4 XLT CC Max Tow Package
    Michelin Defender tires
    2019 GD Imagine 2500RL WDH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like how your new mount provides much better viewing angles for the TV. The backing for the mount seems substantial but I guess there is a lot of pressure when the TV mount is fully extended.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool pressure not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    I really like how your new mount provides much better viewing angles for the TV. The backing for the mount seems substantial but I guess there is a lot of pressure when the TV mount is fully extended.
    Not a lot on pressure on the mount. Of course more when fully extended. We took the control panel off and that's when we discovered the nice storage space behind the TV

We were careful to attach our backer board for the mount fully to the original GD plywood support and made the backer larger in order to spread out the pressure / weight.

TV is pretty light and should not be a problem unless we forget to retract it when moving.
    Michelin Defender tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riven1950 View Post
    Not a lot on pressure on the mount. Of course more when fully extended. We took the control panel off and that's when we discovered the nice storage space behind the TV

We were careful to attach our backer board for the mount fully to the original GD plywood support and made the backer larger in order to spread out the pressure / weight.

TV is pretty light and should not be a problem unless we forget to retract it when moving.
    What actual mount did you purchase?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is the one we ordered. Hopefully the link will work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/236306572

Our biggest problem with the original was trying to view from the recliner closest to the door. After installing we realized it makes viewing from all locations much better.
    Michelin Defender tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is the one we ordered. Hopefully the link will work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/236306572

Our biggest problem with the original was trying to view from the recliner closest to the door. After installing we realized it makes viewing from all locations much better.
    Thanks for the link. I could not see a locking mechanism on the mount for travel. Does it have one?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we made our own " locking mechanism "

Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    Thanks for the link. I could not see a locking mechanism on the mount for travel. Does it have one?
    No it doesn't come with one. That is why we installed 2 sections of pool noodles to hold it firm. My wife made two straps that are installed in a X pattern. They are on the front and hold the TV snugly against the pool noodles. Pretty solid actually. The straps are held by velcro and can quickly be removed / reinstalled.

BTW I think our original mount had no lock either. Only thing securing it was a magnet.
    Michelin Defender tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it doesn't come with one. That is why we installed 2 sections of pool noodles to hold it firm. My wife made two straps that are installed in a X pattern. They are on the front and hold the TV snugly against the pool noodles. Pretty solid actually. The straps are held by velcro and can quickly be removed / reinstalled.

BTW I think our original mount had no lock either. Only thing securing it was a magnet.
    That confirms what I saw as it didn't look like it had a lock. Sounds like you have come up with a creative way to secure it.

BTW, the original mount that we are currently using does come with a lock. Actually I can't imagine that GD would sell a mount that would not have a lock as it is essential for travel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently inquired about anyone who had changed out their stock TV mount ( 10" extension ) for a longer one that actually works as it should. We got no direct response other than buy one and stick it up so we decided to go for it.

First one we ordered was really heavy duty but dual arm and would not work. The one we installed is a single arm 25" extension and works great.

You can now actually watch TV from both recliners without a problem. You can move it closer to you, farther away if you want, basically any position, and also adjust the vertical angle about 15%.

It will be secured by a strap of fabric my wife uses to make grocery bags and the strap will be held with velcro. We are installing short pieces of pool noodle on each side in the back to keep it from wiggling around when tied down.

Don't know if I can attach pics or not, but will try.

Very pleased with the outcome. Obviously the GD folks never tried to actually watch the TV.
    You are on the same track as I am. Our first trip out it was evident the OEM mount as installed did not provide a good viewing angle for the recliners.

My question- Could the original mount be remounted in reverse to swing like your new one?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    You are on the same track as I am. Our first trip out it was evident the OEM mount as installed did not provide a good viewing angle for the recliners.

My question- Could the original mount be remounted in reverse to swing like your new one?
    In my opinion it would not work. Problem is it doesn't extend far enough out to give proper flexibility.. with the original the TV scraped the cabinet even when fully extended.
    Michelin Defender tires

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast