Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    We also use a meter, but fill to overflow. I'm interested to see whether others have the same situation of not being able to get the rated volume. We are supposed to have 90 or 100 gallons (2018 310-GK), but I've never been able to put more that 72 usable gallons in it. To me a usable gallon is one able to be delivered by the pump. We went from pump sucking air to overflow in 72 gal.

-Al
    Our 303 overflows at about 52 gallons. Specs say 60 gallon capacity. If my water heater is empty, and I feel like I need as much water as I can carry, I will powerfill the FW tank, turn on the pump and fill the water heater, then put another 6 to 7 gallons in the FW tank
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Our 303 overflows at about 52 gallons. Specs say 60 gallon capacity. If my water heater is empty, and I feel like I need as much water as I can carry, I will powerfill the FW tank, turn on the pump and fill the water heater, then put another 6 to 7 gallons in the FW tank
    GD's 60 gallon water capacity, could that be 53 gallon tank and 6 gallon hot water heater. Don't know just wondering.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adougphys View Post
    “Our 2019 230RL would only indicate 2/3 full when overflowing. After using water until the pump sucked air I would pull the white drain valve and get 2&1/2 to 3 five gallon buckets worth of fresh water. Two complaints to the dealer and they dropped the bottom panel to find a broken weld letting one side of the tank sag. The pump pickup on the opposite side would suck air with water left in the tank, yet the overflow would drain before filling was complete. Welding a new support solved the problem.
    A problem some years ago with fresh water tank not holding it's capacity was caused by the vent tube being inserted too far into the fresh water tank. With the hose being in too far when the level reached that point the water would start running out of the overflow tube instead of finishing filling the tank. If you don't find the problem elsewhere you might try checking that out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    We also use a meter, but fill to overflow. I'm interested to see whether others have the same situation of not being able to get the rated volume. We are supposed to have 90 or 100 gallons (2018 310-GK), but I've never been able to put more that 72 usable gallons in it. To me a usable gallon is one able to be delivered by the pump. We went from pump sucking air to overflow in 72 gal.

-Al
    We also have a 2018 310GK, and after fully draining the fresh water tank by pulling out the 2” diameter FW tank valve, I used a water meter to refill the tank and it showed 82.4 gallons filled the tank before water spilled out of the overflow line. I’m not sure if my 12 gallon water heater was already filled, but I think it was, therefore, combined, the tank could hold a grand total of 94.4 gallons. I can’t explain why mine would hold more than yours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F82B52D6-1FEF-4EC2-A55F-960B5249F5C3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	704.1 KB 
ID:	21137
    Last edited by Travel with a ‘Tude; 07-03-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    GD's 60 gallon water capacity, could that be 53 gallon tank and 6 gallon hot water heater. Don't know just wondering.
    This is exactly how GD figures fresh water capacity. The water heater capacity is figured into the total even though the water heater is not actually usable capacity.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    This is exactly how GD figures fresh water capacity. The water heater capacity is figured into the total even though the water heater is not actually usable capacity.
    Yep, the 60 gallon capacity for our 315 is 60 - 54 fresh+ 6 hot. I ran the FW tank down until it would pump no more, then filled it up until overflow using a meter. A paltry 37 gallons available on an advertised 60. We don't boondock so it doesn't affect us much but seems it should be closer than that. Wish I could figure out the problem and correct it.
    I guess GD uses the same formula they use for UVW, pin and tongue weights.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Cheif! 37 gallons! If my 315 is the same that might help explain how two people can run through a tank
    of water in a couple days-and we navy shower. I always fill the tank and run off of it because the pressure is better than the city water setting. Perhaps you and I have collapsed tanks??
    Howson??

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12