User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Just a quick followup....heavy rains today.....seems to be puddling on either side of the center cross member.....will have to either put a few more pieces in to reinforce or maybe a hole in the fabric.....might also try to angle it more by taking off the feet on the low side.....just an fyi to those crazy enough to follow! LOL
    Crazy enough to follow! Maybe if you can’t stop the puddling you switch to a mesh fabric like pool covers are made of.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Just a quick followup....heavy rains today.....seems to be puddling on either side of the center cross member.....will have to either put a few more pieces in to reinforce or maybe a hole in the fabric.....might also try to angle it more by taking off the feet on the low side.....just an fyi to those crazy enough to follow! LOL
    Jim, Every good idea needs tweaking before it’s perfected. I love that it rolls up for storage. I’ve made garden covers with PVC and conduit and even made a glove/boot warmer/dryer using PVC and a hair dryer. Your idea is great, and you’ll get it perfected.
    Alternatively, we don’t really want to travel with a full size ladder (although we have, and the standard aluminum stepladder isn’t too heavy). We have a small step stool, and can usually back the truck up to the slide. Step stool on the tailgate allows us to visualize the top of the slide, and we can spray the hose or use a broom to shove anything big off (spring and fall site in “Walnut Grove”).
    So, here’s my idea:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F100203-B2F1-4BCE-91D0-0F905AB1A8B6.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	840.2 KB 
ID:	20877

We’re waiting on 1/4” nylon rope from Amazon. This is a Bulldozer 2’ dustmop refill head (from Lowe’s), fitted with a 2’ piece of 1/4” thick poly foam packing material. I’ve cut small slits in each corner of the mop, and we’ll feed thirty feet of rope through each side. The whole thing will roll up compactly, and it’s light. Before we pull in the slide, we’ll toss one end over and alternately pull on the ropes to “mop” off the top.
    Nancy
    Last edited by Houndbb; 06-20-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, forgot, elaborating on the plan (because it’s not constructed yet), I will ensure the rope doesn’t slide without pulling the mop head by affixing it to the poly foam edges with small zip ties. Also plan to use nylon washers over the rope in each corner (a stitch or two with coat thread will ensure they don’t slip).
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn’t stand having my head in a drum when it rained so I pulled the trigger on a 7.5’ slide topper from Amazon for $212 and put it on with a friends help in a couple hours. Looking to get one for the other drivers side slide now. That one is 14.5’ so it is $378. Pretty easy to install with two people and a little common sense.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Etrailer has slide toppers and very good prices with installation videos. Very easy to install with a few basic tools and some good ol common sense.... No more issues....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
    Etrailer has slide toppers and very good prices with installation videos. Very easy to install with a few basic tools and some good ol common sense.... No more issues....
    A few basic tools and some good ole common sense ...plus a couple of thousand dollars.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job. The simplest I’ve seen is a fellow that had cut Reflectix into panels that fit on top of his slides. He attached directly to the top of the slide with Velcro, then removed, rolled up and stored for travels. Softened the noise of rain, but also reduced heat in summer from sun on top of slides.
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clever idea
    2017 2500HD Silverado
    2018 310 GK-R Solitude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12