Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are very much excited too. We will be from Ohio on the 12th and take our time going down I-75 to Lexington KY and then continue the follow day to be there by Saturday afternoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning everyone!!! WE are all so excited also to get back to Anchor Down! We are bringing 3 grandsons with us so we will be busy! I guess I will be the really busy one--they say they are really glad I am going so I can cook for them!! I think something is wrong with this picture!!! LOL!! At this point I have a count of 22 rigs! That's about 1/6 of the campground. We will have a huge impact on the population at that campground! My last understanding was that TN RV is bringing over a couple of units for display. We are still having our Grand Design "paid for" dinner on Wednesday the 17th. I think we have decided to do a happy hour meet and greet with hors doeuvre at 5, dinner at 6, and dessert afterwards. No shortage of food of course!!! We are asking part of you to bring bring an hors doeuvre and the other half a dessert. I hope everyone will be able to attend the dinner! The rest of the time that you are there is totally for your enjoyment. There are numerous activities in the area as has been previously mentioned. You could spend two weeks hard at it all day and never get to 1/10 of them!! If you have any questions, I will be glad to try and answer them or find out the answers. Really looking forward to meeting new friends and anxious to see "old" friends that we met last year at the rally!! Safe Travels to Anchor Down everyone! It's going to be here before we know it!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

The Duke 316

My Wife Will Do Dessert!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Good morning everyone!!! WE are all so excited also to get back to Anchor Down! We are bringing 3 grandsons with us so we will be busy! I guess I will be the really busy one--they say they are really glad I am going so I can cook for them!! I think something is wrong with this picture!!! LOL!! At this point I have a count of 22 rigs! That's about 1/6 of the campground. We will have a huge impact on the population at that campground! My last understanding was that TN RV is bringing over a couple of units for display. We are still having our Grand Design "paid for" dinner on Wednesday the 17th. I think we have decided to do a happy hour meet and greet with hors doeuvre at 5, dinner at 6, and dessert afterwards. No shortage of food of course!!! We are asking part of you to bring bring an hors doeuvre and the other half a dessert. I hope everyone will be able to attend the dinner! The rest of the time that you are there is totally for your enjoyment. There are numerous activities in the area as has been previously mentioned. You could spend two weeks hard at it all day and never get to 1/10 of them!! If you have any questions, I will be glad to try and answer them or find out the answers. Really looking forward to meeting new friends and anxious to see "old" friends that we met last year at the rally!! Safe Travels to Anchor Down everyone! It's going to be here before we know it!!!!

Hi Sandi;

My wife will do a dessert and I promise you it will be GOOD! We will be arriving on the 12th and are staying thru the 20th. We are looking foreword to making new friends. This will be our second trip in our new 2016 Reflection 313RLTS travel trailer. Not our first RV but our first Grand Design. We were in Gatlinburg over Memorial Day. Just a three hour trip for us. See ya'll there!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're gonna be at Anchor Down in a couple of weeks, you might want to bring a snow shovel.

See: http://wate.com/2015/06/02/storms-br...rts-of-e-tenn/
    Especially the video half-way down the page.
    This is just around the corner from Anchor Down.

Another thought I had is....... This would be very convenient if my Atwood fridge failed again on this trip.

Looking forward to the get-together,
    K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

The Duke 316
    I bet that'll leave a mark! Summertime storms in the South. Probably caused by "Global Warming?" Seems like everything is now days.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in the area today and decided to stop in and visit the office at Anchor Down, asked for a drive thru pass. I explained we will be there in less than 2 weeks and the front desk person lit up when she realized we were with the Grand Design group. She seemed to be as excited as anyone that we were having a rally there. I learned that our Rally host was the very first customer at Anchor Down and the front desk person happily pointed to the framed one dollar bill along with their picture on the wall. The drive thru around the campground was impressive, the map and online pictures do not do it justice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tenn22 you are exactly right about us being the first campers there before they opened!! Here's the back story--we bought our Solitude in Dec. 2013. We already had reservations in April 2014 for Gulf Shores, Al for a week. The hubs didn't want to take off that far with a new RV without a shake down trip. We had been to Gatlinburg many times so he started googling for a cg. Anchor Down popped up as a new place opening March 17th 2014. I already had put in for time off at work for the weekend of March 5th. The hubs said--no go they won't be open. I said why don't you call them-sometimes places have "soft openings" so maybe they will let us come. Well we called and indeed they were still laying brick but after a little debate they let us come on down to one of the few sights that was ready!! The rest is history! We stayed for 4 nights all by ourselves and watched the workmen get the cg ready for opening day!! We fell in love with the owners, people that work there, and the entire cg. It is just beautiful. We ended up going 5 times last year and we'll be close to that this year! I hope all of you enjoy it as much as we do!!
    See you next weekend!!!

Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testing to see if will let me reply here since it won't in General area.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Duke 316

We Are a Coming!

We will be leaving in the morning and are planning to stay thru the 20th. The weather looks like it is going to be nice and hot, just what you like when you are camping on the water! We hope to meet everyone and make some new friends. Just look for "The Duke" in his new Reflection TT. I'll be the one with my truck covered up, probably the only one in the campground. It usually is. Yeah I know, my wife says I'm "crazy!" See ya'll there. Be safe.

filer115
    Hi Sandy, will do an appetizer for the dinner. Changed our reservation so we will be at dinner!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast