User Tag List

Thread: Grey water vent

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey water vent

I noticed that a studer vent is installed under the sink in the bathroom. Why would that be there rather than running a stack thru the roof? I have noticed smells coming from under the sink and wonder if that is the problem.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are noticing smells out of the vent it may not be operating correctly or may not be tight in the fitting. These are used at the sinks to help with draining, there are roof stacks from the tanks. Used in homes this way also. They only need to be hand tight, it could be cracked as well.

Brian

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of gray tank venting...

I was filling the bathroom gray tank (to maximize dump flow after not being dumped in a while) by running a hose into the shower. As it began to sound like it was close to full there was a great belch from the bathroom sink and an awful stink filled the bathroom. Water still drained from the shower pan into its drain.

Does this point to the studer vent, the roof vent, the way the sink drain is plumbed, or bad karma?

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Speaking of gray tank venting...

I was filling the bathroom gray tank (to maximize dump flow after not being dumped in a while) by running a hose into the shower. As it began to sound like it was close to full there was a great belch from the bathroom sink and an awful stink filled the bathroom. Water still drained from the shower pan into its drain.

Does this point to the studer vent, the roof vent, the way the sink drain is plumbed, or bad karma?

Thanks.
    Mark

It may have just been "gas" that came from under the sink. The roof vent for the grey tank could be a little deep into the tank but I doubt that , if it has been working correctly. Filling the grey tank to near full will probably "plug" the roof vent and the remaining "air/gas" needs to vent some where , the bathroom sink is the only other vent.

Brian