User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PROs vs CONs for Solitude 375RES-R

We are close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 375RES-R. We are planning to full-time and trading in our Class-C MH. Any thoughts on the 375RES-R? Good or Bad?
    Thanks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We are close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 375RES-R. We are planning to full-time and trading in our Class-C MH. Any thoughts on the 375RES-R? Good or Bad?
    Thanks.
    We have the 2019 375RES-R and thiugh we are not full timers, and have only taken it out twice for 3 weeks it has met or exceeded all of our expectations. We do really feel like we are in a small home. There is a ton of storage. We have only had a few minor things on the punch list to have taken of. We were also considering the front living room model and think we made the right choice.
    Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Tim & Sue..with pups Iris and Sam
    2019 Solitude 375RES; 2019 Ford F350 XLT Dually; B&W Companion 25K Hitch
    Previously camped with a 1993 26' Dutchman TT and 2007 Trailmanor 2720SL
    Retiring in 1.5+ years
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...pic22370_7.gif http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCVAsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 375 is a great floorplan but the cargo capacity doesn't match the storage space given. If you do a search you'll find several threads about the 375 and weight and suspension issues.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have been researching for a long time and really liked the layout of the 375RES. However after digging deeper, I found the suspension inadequate considering the HUGE amount of storage space available. You might want to think about how much stuff you plan to carry. More info here:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-spring-issues
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ke-your-375RES
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had mine for 9 months now and really love it. The living space inside is amazing. The rear living room is what sealed the deal for me. As someone said, you just have to be a little careful and not overload it. You definitely want a dually to pull it. When I go full-time in it in a few years I plan on just clothes, food, and the essentials to set up camp in the storage areas. It really is a beautiful roomy rig. Good luck!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice floor plan. What scared us off the solitude line was lack of 3 axles which in turn reduces ccc and lack of 3 air conditioner option.

Price vs a momentum was close enough given the difference we couldn't justify giving those items up.

Start adding options and that ccc goes down quick.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 375RES, we store camp games in the rear, mostly on the curb site, nothing in the sliding tray, and hardly anything on the street side. On big trips, we take two 11 foot kayaks, they fit easily. Love this floor plan, we winter camp in New Hampshire, and enjoy spending a lot of weekends in our 375!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flintstones View Post
    We love our 375RES, we store camp games in the rear, mostly on the curb site, nothing in the sliding tray, and hardly anything on the street side. On big trips, we take two 11 foot kayaks, they fit easily. Love this floor plan, we winter camp in New Hampshire, and enjoy spending a lot of weekends in our 375!
    Thank you. I was thinking about our kayaks. We have 2 10ft kayaks so they should fit easily. We are very excited and haven't heard anything that has changed our mind about going ahead with our purchase.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will love owning a 375RES, it's got the wow factor like no other rv we have ever owned. If ours burned to the ground, I would go out and order a another one just like it. We upgraded the Westlake tires upon purchase, and will be doing a MorRyde IS suspension with disc brakes next year. Ours was ordered with Dual Pane windows, king bed, and heat pump on A/C.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Yes, we are excited and are looking forward to getting it. Haven't decided on the dual pane windows yet (probably will). Definitely going with the heat pump. Also thinking about a tankless water heater. I know the unit has a 12 gallon heater standard. Any thoughts either way?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast