User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! I live in Gallatin, TN and I bought a GD Reflection 297rsts. I spent a year or two researching all the travel trailers etc. I too, was concerned about a sink or refrigerator on a slide out. I originally was going to purchase a Imagine, but once I saw the reflection 297rsts I decided to go for it. I purchased it at Cookeville RV and Marine. We really love the rv. We have had no problems with the refrigerator being on the slide out. The main thing is to make sure you are completely level in the camping spot. if you are off, the refrigerator does not cool as fast. I think that is pretty much an issue with all travel trailers. Anyway, there has been no issues that would change my mind about the trailer. Grand Design is a quality company and we are happy with the trailer. There will always been minor issues that need to be corrected by the dealer, but nothing major so far. We pull it with a Ram 2500 Gas vehicle. You need to use at a minimum a 3/4 ton truck, whether an imagine or reflection travel trailer. A lot of people buy diesel, we decided not financially the best decision for us. If you can afford it, get a diesel. Anyway, any questions you have, or want to see the rv just let us know. We would be happy to show you it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Luke79. I'm doing some research and came across your post. We got an Imagine and our center support bracket for the awning came out also. I was wondering how you got that issue resolved. I appreciate your feed back.
    2019 Imagine 2600rb
    2016 F-150 3.5L EB, max tow pkg
    4x4 8ft. bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    Hi Luke79. I'm doing some research and came across your post. We got an Imagine and our center support bracket for the awning came out also. I was wondering how you got that issue resolved. I appreciate your feed back.
    During the trip I removed it and plugged the holes with silicone to prevent water from penetrating. After the return I complained to the dealer and they took care of it. It was still under warranty. Not sure when you bought your unit, but even if you're out of warranty I would raise this as an issue with GDRV dealership and hopefully they can fix it at no additional cost. Maybe have them do something on the trailer like brakes or whatever typical servicing you may need, and have them check out the bracket as well. It's a small job, so if you have something else on it to work on they may just do it at no additional cost.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion on Grand Design

Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I am doing my research for my first travel trailer. The RV industry is scary by anyone's account. From what I read, two names stand out for quality and customer support; Grand Design and Winnebago. I would like to hear from some of you owners. Give me your real world view of GD TT.

Something I read a lot about are TT that may be only a year or so old and the owner has replaced or changed so many things. Water heaters, AC units, furnaces, faucets,...... From what I am reading these posts are not unique. What gives? How could these things go out in a year or two? Are these travel trailers in some stage of decay the moment they come off the assembly line?

As Grand Design owners, how would you rate your campers against other brands? Would you buy another? If not, what brand and why?

Lastly, of the GD TT floor plans several of them have the frig in a slideout. I read in another forum that a frig in a slideout is not recommended. When I asked why it was explained like this, "Because propane needs airflow over the rear coils .. easier done with a lower side vent and a roof vent not two side vents. Just doesn’t naturally convect the air as well. Also I would avoid weight in the slide out .. the cheap slide tracks on the outside of the slide are not the best design for any heavy slide imo Lots of failures "

Can someone with a frig in a slideout tell me what they think?
    Hi SJ Maye;
    We have a 2800BH that is 2017. We had issues with the Norcold Frig in the beginning. Our dealership I feel was most of the problem. It took close to a year to get resolved and along the way we had to leave the camper at the dealership. We ended up taking to another dealership that handled Norcold. They got it resolved. My feeling is that the TT is really good and we like it a lot but dealerships is what I see as the issue. They are all so backed up with service/warranty issues that it is at times overwhelming. I would do a GD again. I spent two years looking and felt they had the best look and funtion. Also, when not using disconnect the battery because it will drain due to CO2 and radio even when red key is off. The one dealership drained my battery and I was able to get a new one on warranty but they charged me the second time. I gave them specific instructions to disconnect and they still did not. So I always carry a second battery. Oh well. As a note, I used jacks to stabilize on the stairs and then Valterra to more stabilize movement. I think you will enjoy your unit. Make sure the walkthrough covers everything and that even on gas vs shore power that all works. Good luck. Jim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a 2018 Imagine 2500 RL. I have had two problems identified by GD resulting in recalls. They contacted me I didn't experience any failure or downtime. Only other issues I have had are minor plumbing leaks that I have fixed myself and that I have attributed to the combination of New England weather and New England roads. I do have a refrigerator in my slide out and it has been trouble free!
    I would buy another Grand Design in a heartbeat, if I ever need to. We travel with two good couple friends, they each bought different manufacturers after us. Both good brands with respectable reputations, they have both had suspension and axle issues along with annoying fit and finish problem in the interior.
    When it comes to winterizing, maintaining or just hooking up my utilities at the camp site our friends are always impressed with the ease of the Grand Design as compared to their own.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678