Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stabilizer System?

We just purchased a 27RL 5th wheel. I have a pair of BAL X Chocks that I intend to use to help stabilize it. This worked well on my prior travel trailer.
    What else are you folks using? I see the tripods and I see the other stabilizer support systems. What works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gaflick
    At the rally we attempted to get the JT stabilizers installed. We were told by Lippert, the manufacturer of JT and Level Up, that the install would void the Level Up warranty. According to Lippert engineering the pads and rods coming out of the cylinders must rotate freely as they extend. If you have Level Up beware. The tripod worked great on our previous trailer.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 27RL does not have the level up system, just electric rear stabilizers and electric front stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gaflick, we use X Clocks on both sides of our Solitude and this....http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-02010.../dp/B001UGJPXQ under the rear bumper. Together, they really cut down on the movement. I really wanted JT stabilizers but according to our dealer, it's difficulty to mount the rear...something about the frame. I did not check with Lippert, so thanks for that info Chris and Debbie.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any information (or just thoughts) on why the rear stabilizers, on my Reflection 337 at least, are mounted right behind the axles and not more toward the rear of the trailer? I can't say I've noticed any difference in movement from previous trailers I've owned, but I found it odd that the stabilizers are not on the rear corners.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    Anyone have any information (or just thoughts) on why the rear stabilizers, on my Reflection 337 at least, are mounted right behind the axles and not more toward the rear of the trailer? I can't say I've noticed any difference in movement from previous trailers I've owned, but I found it odd that the stabilizers are not on the rear corners.
    Because they are basically the same leveling jacks as on the front.

They can be used to self level the trailer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    When I took my tour of the Reflection factory, I asked why the 337 stabilizers differ from the 303 version, and why they were mounted right behind the axle versus at the back of the unit like the 303.

The answer I received was that the 337 stabilizers are designed to lift much more weight, and could even be used to lift a tire if needed (I wouldn't try that). The reason they are right behind the axle is to prevent damage to the frame due to their weight lifting capability. The lighter Reflections have a different type of stabilizer, and they don't have the power to tweak the frame.

rjlambert
    Are any of the Reflection models equipped with hydraulic 6 point self leveling systems? If not, what is available on what models. I really like the 337, but I would prefer a self leveling system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya rjlambert and welcome to the forums.
    Here is a link to GD's website and the Standard and Optional features for the Reflection line. http://www.granddesignrv.com/reflection-features.php
    Grand Design is always evolving, so you may want to hop down to the Tech Section of the forums. GD reps usually read that section!
    Ask your question there, you may get a quicker response. http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...73-Tech-Corner
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 337 back in April, we ordered a 6 point hydraulic Level Up. It was installed by Lippert after the unit was actually built. Frankly, I would never have a trailer without Level Up again!
    Chris
    Kanata ON
    2015 337RLS, 2014 Ram 3500 DRW CTD Crew Cab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast