User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little late to this thread but my low-tech solution would be to go to the Lowe's or Home Depot and get a 6-foot piece of 2x12 planking.

Then I'd just lean the plank against the edge of the tailgate or Propane bin and roll the tank up or down. Extra points if you can back the truck up close, and just roll the tank across from the bin to the truck.

It worked for stevedores for centuries, probably still works today.

Good luck with the back!
    Last edited by ATX Camper; 06-24-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    Thanks again Rob for another helpful suggestion! Because the truck hitch hoist would require close access we kept looking at game hoists as you suggested and that's when we found the Viking LE Vator. It's pretty simple, light and compact to carry and cheap so we're gonna try it. Dennis thinks he can add wheels so we can push it from the FW to the back of the truck. If it works I'll post pictures and maybe the idea will help someone else.
    I apologize I forgot to take a photo to post but I wanted to let you know the Viking LE Vator worked out pretty good for us on our last trip. We learned that it's intended to "lift" weight and not necessarily have weight on the lift going down so it tends to slip a little going down. Dennis called the distributor and asked if there was a fix for the slippage and they just sent us a new one which we haven't tried yet.
    Dennis & Phyllis Manley
    2018 Reflection 27RL, 2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax 6.6 LTZ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123