Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct weight distribution hitch for imagine XLS MKE

Hey!
    We are looking at getting an imagine MKE and I need to know the correct WDH to buy. Can anyone tell me what the measurement is from the ground to the bottom of the coupler height is when the trailer is level?

Thank you!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forum. Can't tell you that but any WDH should fit. If you are anywhere near Orlando I have an 10,000 lb. Equalizer weight distribution/ sway control hitch for sale that I used for 2500 miles. Excellent condition for $200 complete, upgraded same brand to match larger TT.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brewhedd,

I sent you a PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paceface View Post
    Hey!
    We are looking at getting an imagine MKE and I need to know the correct WDH to buy. Can anyone tell me what the measurement is from the ground to the bottom of the coupler height is when the trailer is level?

Thank you!
    If you don't get the reply you are looking for here, wonder if your local GD dealer can give you that information?
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Measurement from the ground to the bottom of the coupler is one thing. You need to know fully loaded trailer weight and tongue weight, that will be your starting point. Pick out a hitch that fits that criteria, after that the hitch will very likely adjust to about whatever you need.

And - If you have a large fresh water tank ( 50 gallons or so ) that sits in front of the trailer wheels, consider getting a hitch with the next bigger spring bars. For example, if a 10,000 lb trailer/1000 lb tongue weight hitch would fit your rig, consider going with a 10,000 lb trailer/1400 lb tongue weight hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Measurement from the ground to the bottom of the coupler is one thing. You need to know fully loaded trailer weight and tongue weight, that will be your starting point. Pick out a hitch that fits that criteria, after that the hitch will very likely adjust to about whatever you need.

And - If you have a large fresh water tank ( 50 gallons or so ) that sits in front of the trailer wheels, consider getting a hitch with the next bigger spring bars. For example, if a 10,000 lb trailer/1000 lb tongue weight hitch would fit your rig, consider going with a 10,000 lb trailer/1400 lb tongue weight hitch.
    This is correct. It's been a while since I've set up a load leveling hitch but as I recall, you would get your trailer loaded and get it level with the tongue jack. Then you'd set the ball height to that point. Once you hook up, you will need to adjust the brackets for the arms on the hitch to get the trailer back level or just slightly low in the front. Good luck with your trailer search.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the imagines are about 22”, but you need to look at your exact unit. The MKE is very light, what is your tow vehicle? I use the Andersen 3550 rather than a clunky old WDH, it is very quiet and very light. Best thing is no grease on the ball, always clean, the ball turns with the trailer. The weight distribution and anti-sway are good. Check it out if you haven’t already bought.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.