Thread: Buying in Texas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Buying in Texas

This may not be the right forum...

I知 moving to Texas in December this year and full timing it in January..travel RN. I am going to get 2020 reflection 150 series 260RD. Does anyone know a reputable dealer anywhere in Texas? I知 moving toward the San Antonio area but am willing to travel.

I will also be purchasing my 1 ton Diesel SRW in Texas as well. Not sure wether to go with Ford, GMC or Dodge.

Thank you in advance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explore USA is a great dealer. We just purchased our 2930 from their Boerne store. Nice folks indeed. I believe they are the largest Grand Design dealer in Texas.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!! Thank you! I知 excited to talk with them. It looks like they have great reviews as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought two fivers from Crestview in Buda , between SA and Austin. Be sure to compare pricing. If you want a low pressure sales rep talk to Royce. Probably the best RV salesperson we dealt with was Amber at the Boerne Explore USA store.
    We’ve only had three warranty trips combined on both units in two years and Crestview service turned them around in one to two weeks. Happy Hunting.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crestview in Buda. Our favorite salesman is Frank Callahan. No pressure, knowledgable, and friendly. He knows you want a bargain and he wants to close the deal.

Frank was out with surgery when we bought the 2600RB. The guy that filled in for him was terrible and we ended up buying in Missouri.

We are happy to refer you to

Frank J Callahan
    512-736-5110 cell
    512-282-3516 office
    [email protected]
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the referral however there reviews aren稚 good. Unfortunately 1 guy doesn稚 make a good dealer. But I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Ncp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncp0813 View Post
    Thank you for the referral however there reviews aren’t good. Unfortunately 1 guy doesn’t make a good dealer. But I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Ncp
    Ncp, you are correct.

We have dealt with Crestview for years in one capacity or other. Their service department in Buda is challenged and it's a 6 week wait to get into Georgetown.

I mentioned Frank because he is a stand up guy. In the past, I have walked away from their high pressure salesmen and would not want anyone to suffer that abuse.

Good luck in your purchase!
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncp0813 View Post
    Awesome!! Thank you! I’m excited to talk with them. It looks like they have great reviews as well.
    We dealt with Art Calderon and he was great. My son in law dealt with Amber and they were pleased with her as well. The Boerne location is new and is huge. As a result, they have a large inventory. Their prices seem to be very competitive. Since their company has six or so stores, they order 12 to 15 RV's from Grand Design at a time. Good luck in your search.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ExploreUSA in Seguin, TX seems like a good group. We bought our 28BH there and I'll likely pursue any "downsizing" with them prior to anyone else. We haven't required any post-sale service or warranty work (thankfully), but I've heard that their service department is quite good.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well an individuals experience at any dealership is all in the sales person they get and then how they are treated by the service department. We bought both of our RVs (2950RL Imagine & traded later for 3350RL Solitude) from Crestview in Buda. Our sales person was Michael Pajaro. Mike was very good even taking the time and honestly assessing our tow vehicles capabilities. He would not sell us something we could not tow. No high pressure sales tactics or outrageous claims. Just a straight forward guy.
    Their service department on the other hand is terrible, just terrible, but sadly that is the reality of a lot of RV service departments.

But the good news is if you have a problem and don't want to use the dealership, GD will allow you to use independent RV repair facilities for warranty work, they should be RVIA certified, Call GDRV and get their approval for an independent repair facility.

I would NOT go to ExplorerUSA in San Antonio, they flat out lied to us! Couldn't wait to get out of their business.

I should add, do your homework, go into the purchase of any RV informed. Know about GVWRs, True Tongue Weights, what hitch, what month the RV was actually manufactured, what to look for in problem spots before buying and so forth. Since your going to purchase a truck, its a good idea to narrow down what RV you are going to buy and then size the truck accordingly making sure the trucks towing capabilities (max towing weight & Payload) are way over what its going to be towing. GM, Ford, Ram - well you could start a new drama reality show with that question!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 06-17-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast