User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

290BH underbelly leak

After months of trouble free use I finally had an issue with our unit. Getting prepared for a departure I hooked up water to fill HW heater, go turn water on at house and water starts pouring out of the bottom of the trailer. Perfect timing, just what I wanted to do on Fathers Day. So I drop the coroplast and start tearing into it. Come to find out someone pinched the galley water lines between the frame cross member and the subfloor at assembly. While I was at it, I tied up all the wiring I could get at, fixed a few kinks in the HVAC flexible ducting and also installed loom on the wiring to prevent chafing where needed. A few feet of pex, a trip to town for wire loom and five hours later all good to go.

I really thought the coroplast was going to be a beast to put back up as I had the entire back half of the trailer dropped. I've read many posts that it's a two person job putting it back up. I ended up using a board as wide as the frame rails and a floor jack to hold it (coroplast) up as I put the bolts back in. I started over the axles and worked my way back a set of holes at a time. This method allowed me to reach in and get all the reflective sheeting aligned and put back in neat and tidy. It worked way better than expected, all the holes lined up perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5052.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	20796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5050.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	20797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5054.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	20798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5068.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	20799
    2021 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Solitude 3550BH-R w/factory solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a problem with underbelly leak, 2019 GD Solitude 372WB, recently we were out on our second trip with the new unit,
    noticed water under forward portion of unit, looked closer, and Coroplast was bulging and hanging down, with small pinhole leak,
    check and it is clear water, no leaks inside unit. Have an appointment with dealer to investigate and make repairs on June 22nd. Have been told that turn around time is 5 to 7 days. Hopefully they will be able to make all repairs, I would like to do as you have indicated, and re position all the wiring, but being a brand new unit, wanted to take it back to the dealer.

Hope to have a good report in a few days.
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4