User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Saw this Winnie PN that crosses to CarlingTech DPDT On/On, 8 Terminal switch.
    http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...-116990-2.html

Winnebago PN 108357-15-000 DPDT On/On 8 Terminal, Lighted
    Carling VDD1160B-0 On/None/On DPDT Lighted Rocker Switch - 8 Terminal, Black

https://www.carlingtech.com/rocker-switches
    https://www.carlingtech.com/sites/de...ch_Catalog.pdf

PN VDD1160B-00000-000
    https://www.datasheets360.com/part/d...7906263985450/
    http://datasheet.octopart.com/VDD116...t-26703698.pdf
    Manufacturer: Carling Technologies, Inc.
    Description: Rocker Switch, DPDT, On-on, Maintained, 20A, 12VDC, Quick Connect
    Wow a lot to digest. Now if I understood half of this I would be dangerous. Good thing the pump has a inline fuse - probably need to have a few replacements on hand before I start.
    Thanks for the information - need to study up on the links and switch catalog.
    Thanks again - Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you could simply add a normally open switch in the bathroom. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rd pump switch.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	20860 Please forgive the crude sketch. If you wanted to add a light, you would need to connect between outfeed of switch and the pump ground. This third switch would override the other two switches to turn on. The original two switches would turn on the pump if the new 3rd switch is on.
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada Eh!
    2018 303RLS
    2008 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mark, you may be on to something. Getting a illuminated switch would be easy. Some draw power for the light internally so no third wire needed. I had wondered about this, but everything I was reading was pointing to a 4 way in the middle of the existing circuit. Most of the articles were for house wiring. Can anyone find fault is this, From what I see this overrides the two other switched. This is how I believe the recommended momentary switch that John recomended would be wired. Once the pump reaches pressure there should be enough residual to do a quick hand wash too. I could include adding a small pressure tank as others have done.

More to think on later - in the middle of cutting hay with a down tractor to fix
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We leave it on. Several RV's and many Yrs. of travel never a problem. You would rather hear a running pump than to wake up to puddles from a city water leak.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks
    On my old unit I never had leak issues, unless I forgot to winterize something like the toilet and then it would just be the connection fitting. I too left the pump and water on. Now I just have a better piece of mind turning things off when I leave the trailer or go to bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention. On only at night For those late night pit stops. Always OFF when not in RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't need a 4way unless you plan to turn it off at one location and on at another, then off again at the other.

I would think a single pole should be fine for your needs.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks - someday I will get round to it.

Now to find a nice looking lighted switch to match the decor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Us too, our pump is always on when we are home using it. When we leave for the day or long periods of time, of course we turn it off as we also do for the city connection if we are going to be away. i have had simple leaks that you wouldn't know of during the day as normal use keeps the pressure cycle up. but at night, when the drip from a connection in the basement took almost until midnight or so to release enough pressure we heard the BBRRBBRRPPBB that the pump makes, and it only ran for about a second. that lead me to do some searching and sure enough, a small drip in the basement behind the panel. fixed it before it damaged anything. no more noise in the middle of the night. for us, LEAVE IT ON WHEN YOU ARE HOME! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you just move the switch from the nautilus panel to the bathroom? If you could fish the wire up there, then just move the switch? Or move the one from the internal panel to the bathroom.

At least until you figure out how you want to do it permanently.

I also like the idea of the momentary switch.. putting it right beside the toilet.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast