User Tag List

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balanced the Westlakes

I was on a 4 day camping getaway locally this past weekend. I googled and found a truck tire shop on the way to campsite, how convenient! I had them balance the G rated Westlakes on my Solitude and was somewhat impressed with the results. They each took about 2 ounces of weight and I was amazed at how heavy they were. I tried to pick up one and it had to be 80-90 pounds mounted on the stock wheels! It felt way heavier than either half of my B&W hitch when I pull it out of bed. I realize this is no guarantee of quality but they definitely feel stout. It seemed to roll down the road smoother as well.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I was on a 4 day camping getaway locally this past weekend. I googled and found a truck tire shop on the way to campsite, how convenient! I had them balance the G rated Westlakes on my Solitude and was somewhat impressed with the results. They each took about 2 ounces of weight and I was amazed at how heavy they were. I tried to pick up one and it had to be 80-90 pounds mounted on the stock wheels! It felt way heavier than either half of my B&W hitch when I pull it out of bed. I realize this is no guarantee of quality but they definitely feel stout. It seemed to roll down the road smoother as well.
    Howdy, I got into the whole trailer tire balancing question a few years ago when we bought our Imagine. Yup trailer tires (generally) are not balanced from the manufacturer. Why they don't is a question better not asked. I had our Imagine tires balanced by my dealership back then. They used road force balancing from an independent subcontractor because the dealership does not have a tire balancer. Anyway our Imagine towed much better/smoother after that and along with the MorRyde 3000 and wet bolt upgrade. The tires looked great when we traded it in and they were wearing evenly. Need to get the tires on the Solitude balanced as well, just haven't found the right place to get it done. I dislike places like discount tire and going back to the dealership to get the tires balanced is out of the question for me. But gotta get it done before I get too many miles on the tires.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel