User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProPride Hitch Review

We purchased our 297 RSTS last fall, have owned several other TT prior to purchasing the Grand Design. Since this trailer was a little longer and a little heavier I decided to upgrade my weight distribution system as well. Originally purchased the Equalizer 1400lb with 4 point anti-sway. First 5 trips no problems, did take several trips to the CAT scale to get the WD system dialed in, played with the washers and brackets until I go the weight balanced and felt like the anti-sway was working.

On my 6th trip it was pretty darn windy and when passing big rigs I was getting a lot of movement from the trailer. After talking to several full timer RVers I decided to take a leap and purchase a ProPride, knowing I could always sell it if it did not live up to the hype.

Finally got it installed and waited a couple of days to take it out since they were predicting some windy days. I live in the NW so not hard to find winding and hilly roads, took the ProPride out for a 100 mile maiden voyage. About half of the trip was on back roads and up and down some pretty step hills, the other half was on the interstate. I also made 6 passes over the CAT scales while playing with the WD heights.

Results: Truly impressed, it was a complete night and day difference between previously owned hitches and the ProPride. No sway, trailer was right behind me the entire time. Going down hills and passing big trucks it was rock solid. If someone asked me would I spend that kind of money again...hands down YES. Probably one of the smartest purchases I have ever made.

Safe Travels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProPride.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	20822
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, for heavier travel trailers or long distances this is a must. In addition especially with tow vehicles that are light. It also helps with leveling the ride while going down the highway. I use airbags to assist with that to get a nice smooth and controllable tow.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new hitch, they have a great reputation.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are using Hensley Arrow hitch, which is a very similar to the ProPride P3 and we couldn't be more happy. Both hitches were designed by Jim Hensley. I believe that the ProPride is an updated version of the Hensley Arrow. I was originally going to buy the ProPride, but we stumbled onto a refurbished Hensley with a full warranty and at a reduced cost, but still a lot of money. I totally agree that it is worth spending the extra dollars for the Propride!

Congrats...Happy Towing!
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 06-20-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled my previous tt with a Pro Pride & I agree with everything said above. I also believe there is an added safety factor.
    Retired Truck Driver
    42 yrs. 4.5 Million Miles
    2019 Solitude 310 GK