User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emissions Testing By The EPA?

I've been getting mailers from the EPA testing lab in Ann Arbor, MI. https://www.epa.gov/vehicle-and-fuel-emissions-testing
    They've chosen my diesel F250 for emissions testing and I'll get $100/day while they have it, plus a loaner.
    I've got no trips planned anyway so I agreed.

Maybe I should have asked earlier, but has anyone else had this done?
    What was your experience?
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Not one response? Did I break the forum? I've never seen a thread not get at least one response! Maybe this is just a SE Michigan thing and it's too small a sampling here to find anyone that's lent their vehicle to the EPA. That's OK, I'm going through with it. If anyone cares how it comes out let me know.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Ann Arbor once per month. They can have mine anytime they'd like it.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,
    Never heard of it. I would certainly like to get the extra cash though. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get these letters all the time. I never did it. The thought of having my truck tied up for up to two weeks, means no camping etc.
    I also wonder why, they just don’t go to a used car dealer and get the trade in’s.
    I did consider this once when the letter was from Roush (Jack Roush Facility) who would do the testing. It was a good offer, brand new Mustang to drive also. But, I said no.
    I also asked some people at Ford Dearborn about this. They never heard of it. ?????

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A guy on the cummins forum from California rec’d a similar offer a while back. They had his truck longer then initially requested. He was happy as he was making money.

Several members chimed in and felt it was the purpose of these tests so EPA/CARB can ensure that diesel manufacturers were being truthful with their pollution control claims. Several opined that this is another step by Big Brother to put the kibash on future diesel engines. As we know both VW and Ram have been raked over the coals on diesel engine pollution issues. Ram lost an entire model year of EcoDiesel sales due to EPA/CARB dragging their feet in certifying this engine.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of it either. Not sure I want someone else driving my truck like they stole as it is not theirs. Here in Washington I have heard they are going to stop smog testing as it cost to much money. Other rumors from other states saying the same.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truck was picked up today, left me with a '17 4 door Silverado with 15,000 miles on it. They said it would get oil and all filter changes before going on the dynamometer. Will be returned to me in a couple of weeks with full tank, washed and detailed inside & out. The guy stated "this class" has already failed once and this is the second round of testing. He wasn't being really specific about what he meant by "class", ie; 2013's or 6.7 diesel. I'll find out more when it's returned in a couple of weeks.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check with the local police to find out if your loaner is stolen like your truck has been.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Truck was picked up today, left me with a '17 4 door Silverado with 15,000 miles on it. They said it would get oil and all filter changes before going on the dynamometer. Will be returned to me in a couple of weeks with full tank, washed and detailed inside & out. The guy stated "this class" has already failed once and this is the second round of testing. He wasn't being really specific about what he meant by "class", ie; 2013's or 6.7 diesel. I'll find out more when it's returned in a couple of weeks.
    What type of Documentation did you received when they picked up your truck?
    Could you verify it is a legit? Just curious

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast