Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It never ends - bedroom window blew out today

One the kids must have tampered with the window. It's the emergency exit window with the swing arm latch. I can only guess the swing arm was not correctly latched.

20 minutes out of Vegas, another camper is passing us and waving to us. They're telling us the bedroom window is blown out. We pull over and sure enough, the entire window is gone. The swivel bracket at the top is bent and not usable.

So I get out the truck windshield shade and duct tape that to the opening, and we soldier on.

As I'm driving up towards Zion National Park, my wife is on the phone with General RV in Salt Lake City to get a window ordered so it'll be there by the time we show up.

Window is only $129 but rough estimate for 2 day shipping is $400!!!

Hopefully it'll show up on time and then we'll have a mobile service put in the new window.

Unbelievable!!!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    One the kids must have tampered with the window. It's the emergency exit window with the swing arm latch. I can only guess the swing arm was not correctly latched.

20 minutes out of Vegas, another camper is passing us and waving to us. They're telling us the bedroom window is blown out. We pull over and sure enough, the entire window is gone. The swivel bracket at the top is bent and not usable.

So I get out the truck windshield shade and duct tape that to the opening, and we soldier on.

As I'm driving up towards Zion National Park, my wife is on the phone with General RV in Salt Lake City to get a window ordered so it'll be there by the time we show up.

Window is only $129 but rough estimate for 2 day shipping is $400!!!

Hopefully it'll show up on time and then we'll have a mobile service put in the new window.

Unbelievable!!!
    I know the feeling. Same thing, grandkids were messing around in the camper shortly before we headed out and we lost our emergency window also. It was on a previous camper that had regular frame style windows. I cut a piece of plexi glass and siliconed it in till we got home, had to remove the entire frame and start over. Stinkin kids anyway! Gotta love um. Hope your repair goes well, don't let it ruin your trip.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, been there.

That is now on my check list before towing.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS