User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New From San Antonio

Good evening All!
    Just finalized a purchase for a pre-owned 2018 Imagine 2500RL! We are very excited and will be taking delivery Friday! We are prepared to do a lengthy PDI, but would like to know if there are specific items about this particular unit or GD RVs in general that I should be aware of for Friday's walk-through.

For instance, the bathroom doors. They slide shut, but are loose at the bottom (not in any type of tract) and just kind of swing out at the bottoms. They are in the tract at the top, but not bottom. Also, can you not lock them from inside the bathroom? It looked to me like they just kind of pull shut but don't latch shut. I hope I am missing something and they will show me that they do indeed latch or shut.

Thanks in advance for any info you can shed, Tips you can provide, etc...! We have always thought the GD's were amazing and can't believe we are ready to move up in to one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraze View Post
    Good evening All!
    Just finalized a purchase for a pre-owned 2018 Imagine 2500RL! We are very excited and will be taking delivery Friday! We are prepared to do a lengthy PDI, but would like to know if there are specific items about this particular unit or GD RVs in general that I should be aware of for Friday's walk-through.

For instance, the bathroom doors. They slide shut, but are loose at the bottom (not in any type of tract) and just kind of swing out at the bottoms. They are in the tract at the top, but not bottom. Also, can you not lock them from inside the bathroom? It looked to me like they just kind of pull shut but don't latch shut. I hope I am missing something and they will show me that they do indeed latch or shut.

Thanks in advance for any info you can shed, Tips you can provide, etc...! We have always thought the GD's were amazing and can't believe we are ready to move up in to one!
    The doors have small magnets that are not really that great at holding hubby put a hook and eye on bathroom door for more privacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Boerne! Enjoy your new trailer.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraze View Post
    Good evening All!

Hey another Texan, great!! Welcome! We are getting a fair amount of Lone Stars on the forum. Yup the pocket doors do not latch just a magnet holds them closed. On our Imagine 2950RL it had a plastic strap that held the pocket door open while traveling. I added another snap button to the adjoining wall while the door is closed to use as a privacy latch. On our new Solitude the pocket door to the bathroom has a magnet that is so strong you have to use both hands and really tug to get the door open.
    As you are going through the PDI sometimes you get focused on appliances and such and forget to look all over the external skin of the RV for any signs of problems. Don't forget to look at the awnings where they mount to the exterior of the RV to look for screws pulling out of the side wall. Also look underneath of the RV at the stabilizing jacks and frame for signs of corrosion or damage. Not a bad idea to look at the axles and springs as well for problems (flat springs no arch). Look at the interior of the water heater for signs of corrosion.
    Just some ideas,
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    The doors have small magnets that are not really that great at holding hubby put a hook and eye on bathroom door for more privacy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks NanaWells!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info, [email protected] very much! We were out there today dropping off our trade-in and I was able to check a few more items out while we were there! Yeah, we will do something on the door similar. Did a quick check of the axels, springs, tires, and outside today and all looked good so far! The awning does not look rolled up nice and tight, so Friday I will be having them take it all the way out and check it. I've got a PDI checksheet that I am going to start going through and I'll be keeping your comments in mind as we go through things! Can't wait!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome fellow San Antonian! Great to hear about your purchase, Imagines are great trailers and affordable as well. Enjoy it and this forum, you will learn all you need to know about it. Hopefully I'll see you out camping.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Txfivver and Bradnailer! Took it out in this Texas heat the last two weekends to make sure all works good! So far, only one minor problem with the Dometic thermostat and feel comfortable it will get taken care of! Can't wait to get it out there for a week or so soon!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your trailer from Western Maryland. We love Hill Country and hope to get back down there this winter. ENJOY!
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS