Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic A/C dead...again

Well we lost our second Dometic Brisk Air II A/C last weekend. They seem to only last 24 months (actually 24 months and 4 hours for this one) whether we use them or not. We don't use A/C a lot here in CA. First unit had less than 50 hours on it and this one is somewhere between 100 and 200 hours. That's pretty pathetic performance. Seems GD has started using Coleman A/C units the past couple of years. Now I know why. Has anybody replaced a Dometic with a Coleman A/C? Is it plug and play. I understand the lower unit (inside the coach) has to be replaced as well. Our extended warranty will cover this unit without deductible as it is the second failure of the same appliance but I'm not sure they would go for changing brands so that change might be on me.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced a stock Chinese knock off air conditioner that was installed on my Dutchman trailer two years ago with a Coleman A/C. They just had to run new wiring to a new thermostat to install the Coleman. Only took them a couple hours. What a difference it makes.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a coleman on last TT, 3 1/2 yrs old when it was traded and still going strong.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced a Dometic 15k Brisk Air II with 2 Coleman Units (and a whole new camper) In the 2 years that we had our Salem, we has 2 Dometics go bad, last one was in Gulf Shores in 95 temps this May ( it was hotter inside the camper than outside). They would just stop blowing cold air, maybe 5 degree delta.
    So far the Coleman units are doing a great job as we get settled into the 2970.