User Tag List

Thread: 21G Trip Report

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21G Trip Report

Towed 3830 miles (39 days). Central Arkansas to NW Montana and back. Camped 6 nights no hookups / 11 nights electrical only. Camped 10N in ID / 15N MT/ 4N WY / 5N NE/ 4N KS. Would like to say nothing broke and no problems, but;
    37 deg. and raining at night in Idaho, had wet mattress due to condensation. Purchased and installed insulation board under mattress on the slide portion. Resolved problem.
    While in NW Montana, noticed front end of awning pulled away from wall. Four screws pulled out. Installed a couple of oversized screws and some caulk and held until I made it home. Will order some Oscar (molly) rivets for permanent repair.
    Could not get any flow through black tank flush. Will have to remove corriplast? or cut access hole to figure out problem. Probably kinked line.
    FW tank gushes water every time make a right hand turn or get out of level with lean to passenger side. Have read the related posts. Plan to pull the cover down or cut access hole to get a look at how the overflow hose is connected to each tank. Have to fix this before another trip to Canada / Alaska next spring. It can be hundreds of miles to a potable water source up there.

Lastly a couple of pieces of trim fell off.

Otherwise the trailer towed fairly well with no flats or blowouts. I did not have any toys in the back.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the report! I have a 21G and will remember the insulation on the mattress slide out!!

Jim & Brenda
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Blue Ox Swaypro
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaLK View Post
    Thank you for the report! I have a 21G and will remember the insulation on the mattress slide out!!

Jim & Brenda
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Blue Ox Swaypro
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD
    I forgot to include that I installed the insulation about 6 to 8 inches on the sides of the slide.

Also a correction; the water drains out when off level leaning to drivers side since the overflow lines are on that side.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry,
    Could you post a picture of this fix with the insulation?
    Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first guy would be the one with the picture. I haven’t put any in yet.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firekid92,
    Sorry no pictures but here's how I installed the 1 inch foil covered foam board:
    I measured the depth of the slide and cut two pieces about 6" wide and 4" shorter than the slide depth.
    I measured the width of the slide base with the side pieces in place and cut a 6" wide piece about 1/2" longer than the width so the piece would fit against the back wall and wedge in to hold the side pieces in place.
    The bottom piece for the floor of the slide was measured and cut about 1/2" extra width so it wedged in also to help keep the side pieces in place and then put mattress back in place.
    Double sided tape could be used on the back sides of the wall pieces but didn't need for my installation.
    If you camp a lot with temperatures near or below freezing you could even use 2" foam board.
    Hope this helps.
    Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Larry, did the insulation stop the moisture or just isolate the matress?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1phatboy,
    I answered your private message but I'll repeat here.
    The insulation board stopped 90 to 95% of the condensation. Still a little dampness at the corners but underside of mattress is mostly dry. Haven't noticed any condensation on the walls of the slide except the window.

Had the same problem with a TT that I owned about eight years ago. The underside of the mattress got wet that was over the un-heated pass-through. Insulated the inside top of the pass-through to stop that condensation problem.
    Larry
    Last edited by Subvet0615; 01-22-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD