Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam and Chris View Post
    Hey Ken!
    Thanks for the input. The dealer actually did offer for us to hook up to tow the 27RL. Two things:
    * because we have a Pull Rite Super glide, we need a capture plate. Needs to be ordered depending on 5ver.
    * towing the RL would be great, but that would be without the 600 or so pounds of cargo.
    Looking around at other "lite" 5vers. Cougar X-lite, Rockwood Signature Ultra Light, etc... All come in great weight with room to spare, but not sold on the "quality". UGH!
    So - do we take a chance on the RL that puts us near capacity, or go with a truly "lite" model.
    OH! Dealer suggested something I had never heard of: Call Chevy and give them the VIN. They can give you the true weight you can tow. Apparently it is a little more than what is stated. Find that hard to believe, but called Chevy yesterday. Suppose to get back to us tomorrow. Anyone ever heard of this???
    Thanks for all the input!
    Tired and weary.....
    Chris
    If your pull-rite super glide is attached to industry standard rails, you could pull the hitch out, and the dealer should have a used standard hitch laying around that he could loan you for a test tow. Fill the fresh water tank, (approx. 400-500 lbs) -- and you are ready to go.
    Just a suggestion.

As an aside, I had ordered a super glide hitch when I bought the new 5W. Then it dawned on me that I would not be able to remove
    the hitch from the bed of the truck by myself. So I just stuck with the old manual slide Reese that I had with the old 5W.
    I frequently carry other loads in my truck, so I need to be able to remove the hitch often and by myself.
    Interested to know how you do the same if necessary. Best I could tell, it was definitely a 2-man job. Primarily because of
    the breadth of the hitch, not just the weight.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    If your pull-rite super glide is attached to industry standard rails, you could pull the hitch out, and the dealer should have a used standard hitch laying around that he could loan you for a test tow. Fill the fresh water tank, (approx. 400-500 lbs) -- and you are ready to go.
    Just a suggestion.

As an aside, I had ordered a super glide hitch when I bought the new 5W. Then it dawned on me that I would not be able to remove
    the hitch from the bed of the truck by myself. So I just stuck with the old manual slide Reese that I had with the old 5W.
    I frequently carry other loads in my truck, so I need to be able to remove the hitch often and by myself.
    Interested to know how you do the same if necessary. Best I could tell, it was definitely a 2-man job. Primarily because of
    the breadth of the hitch, not just the weight.
    I have a standard slider hitch, and I just can't quite lift it out by myself. So I purchased a hoist from Cabelas that I mounted to the ceiling joists in my garage. I back in, take the pins out of the hitch, hook up some straps and lift it with the touch of a button. The 440 pound model goes for $110. I also use it to lift my generator into the back of the truck so I can save my back.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...sts/742013.uts

Sam and Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I have a standard slider hitch, and I just can't quite lift it out by myself. So I purchased a hoist from Cabelas that I mounted to the ceiling joists in my garage. I back in, take the pins out of the hitch, hook up some straps and lift it with the touch of a button. The 440 pound model goes for $110. I also use it to lift my generator into the back of the truck so I can save my back.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...sts/742013.uts
    Wow! Thanks, Jim for the tip about the hoist! Hubby has generator also. He used a friend's tractor with a bucket to take the hitch out of truck today. Hoist would be so much easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this helps I just bought a 27RL brought it home with my 2015 f-250 6.2 gas truck. Ran up and down some fair sized hills, truck downshifted but had plenty of power. I believe mountains may be more challenging but figure I will just arrive a little later. I just traded a 2011 GMC diesel, tired of emission problems ruining trips. There is a big difference gas to diesel, but I think it is easily managed with this size of 5th wheel. I would say go for it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12