User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. Westlakes ST235/80R16 are G rated are on my Solitude as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How much air pressure do you keep in your tires. My experience with a motor home was that max pressure resulted in max rough ride. Reduced, and the ride was much easier. Looking for advise for my Solitude. Thank you.
    I'm afraid I can't help you much with this. Although I know a little less tire pressure will soften the ride, I have never seen anyone recommend less than 110# on a Solitude.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update on my Westlake tires. I have now put 2K miles on my G rated tires on multiple trips. I check my tire pressures before every trip. I have not yet had to add any air to these tires in just about 9 months. In fact, as the temps have warmed up, I have had to bleed off about a pound on each tire. Amazingly, they all stay with .2# of each other on my electronic gauge.. Tread still looks new. I think they will time out before wearing out.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Just an update on my Westlake tires. I have now put 2K miles on my G rated tires on multiple trips. I check my tire pressures before every trip. I have not yet had to add any air to these tires in just about 9 months. In fact, as the temps have warmed up, I have had to bleed off about a pound on each tire. Amazingly, they all stay with .2# of each other on my electronic gauge.. Tread still looks new. I think they will time out before wearing out.
    That has been my experience with my G Westlakes as well. In 9 month of ownership and about 2100 miles of towing plus delivery distance I have never had to add air, they stay at 110 psi on my electronic gauge. So far they're looking good...knock wood!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 379 Solitude, 11,000 miles on G Rated Westlakes. We travels around 16,500lbs with 3500 on pin so 13,500 between Both axles. We drive 10-12 hrs a day at 65 mph when we go south. Temperatures aren’t as hot as you have now or as most of you travel in. 8/32 tread left I should get 20,000 miles and will change over then. So far so good and no complaints on the G rated Westlakes.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the sidewalls on the G Westlake is firmer then the flimsy E rated. I watched a video last night and the guy literally used 1 finger and was easily pushing in the sidewall. It was obviously off the rim.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just changed mine out to Goodyear endurance. I can’t believe how light and flexible the E range Westlakes are. I never had a problem with them after 4000 miles but wanted to get ahead of the game. Hopefully these new tires will take out some of the sway due to flexing side walls.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have about 2,000 miles on the Westlakes without any problems but tomorrow they are getting swapped out for a set of Good Year Endurance. Next month I head out on a 3200 mile road trip and want the peace of mind that comes with a "better" tire. This is not the first time that I have removed virtually brand new tires off a trailer. I am less than excited about dropping $800 on a new set of tires but that will buy quite a bit of confidence.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123