User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I will add this update. Yesterday we went from Winnemucca, NV back to our home in the Folsom, CA area. We took I-80. Most of the trip was at about 4500 ft elevation. The headwinds and crosswinds were VERY bad. The big semis were blown all over the place. I saw a couple of Mercedes Sprinter vans get blown half a lane over. At one point we saw more than half a dozen dust devils all around us. In fact I think we passed through part of one because I felt a violent hard push. And let me tell you. It freaked me out.

Thankfully our truck/trailer combo was rock solid. We did not move out of our lane. The effect was more psychological than physical movement. Being I had my entire family with us (3 kids in the back), I was VERY thankful that we were driving a vehicle that was overkill for the trailer we were towing.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those towing with "lesser" vehicles. There are a lot of very safe combinations out there. But I'm the kind of person that tends to plan for the worst and this was probably as close to that as I'll get since we generally don't drive in tornado country.
    That sounds intense! I'm glad it handled so well. I've always liked your setup there with the F-450.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went from a Tow Behind toy hauler to the 28BH and wouldnt go back. Sounds like a new house with RV parking is in order

We've staying at the lake a couple times in Santa Rosa. Its a great place.

I too need to figure a way to transport 4 bikes when we travel.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akcooper9 View Post
    We went from a Tow Behind toy hauler to the 28BH and wouldnt go back. Sounds like a new house with RV parking is in order

We've staying at the lake a couple times in Santa Rosa. Its a great place.

I too need to figure a way to transport 4 bikes when we travel.
    I floated the idea of a new house with some land. Nobody liked it. There was some whining about leaving schools and friends.

I'm glad you're enjoying the 28BH. I admit I do like it quite a bit overall.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    I floated the idea of a new house with some land. Nobody liked it. There was some whining about leaving schools and friends.

I'm glad you're enjoying the 28BH. I admit I do like it quite a bit overall.
    First world problems worrying about trailers, parking, schools and friends!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I will add this update. Yesterday we went from Winnemucca, NV back to our home in the Folsom, CA area. We took I-80. Most of the trip was at about 4500 ft elevation. The headwinds and crosswinds were VERY bad. The big semis were blown all over the place. I saw a couple of Mercedes Sprinter vans get blown half a lane over. At one point we saw more than half a dozen dust devils all around us. In fact I think we passed through part of one because I felt a violent hard push. And let me tell you. It freaked me out.

Thankfully our truck/trailer combo was rock solid. We did not move out of our lane. The effect was more psychological than physical movement. Being I had my entire family with us (3 kids in the back), I was VERY thankful that we were driving a vehicle that was overkill for the trailer we were towing.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those towing with "lesser" vehicles. There are a lot of very safe combinations out there. But I'm the kind of person that tends to plan for the worst and this was probably as close to that as I'll get since we generally don't drive in tornado country.
    I have been thinking about an upgrade to an F450. Your post is getting me off the fence... but now I have to answer the question of a 2019 or a 10spd 2020. Choices, choices.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123