User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    funinthesnow

black streaks on front cap

Does anyone else have these weird black streaks on the front cap????? They are only on the front. Very strange. What can remove these streaks? We tried washing it but that did not work.

pcjunki
    I find these in several locations on our 303RLS but have had them on other units in the past. I am not sure what causes them but it seems to be water coming down from areas where there are black seals. I use Wash and Wax/All's degreaser on them and then use the Wash and Wax/All wash and wax product and that removes them and helps in keeping them from forming in the first place. Nice thing about the Wash and Wax/All products is they can be used with or without water and it is a fantastic product. Originally developed for washing airplanes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically, the black streaks are from runoff of water off a dirty roof. The slow deterioration of the EPDM rubber roof material mixed with dirt will deposit on the areas where the water runs off. Annoying, but no biggy. Every RV I've owned has done it.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel