User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2930RL Modifications

Howdy all,

We picked up our 2930RL Solitude S last Friday and did a weekend shake out trip. So far, here are the modifications:

Installed a Furrion rear camera. I put it in while camping and it did what I wanted it to do on the trip home. Mainly assist in lane changes on the freeway.

Installed a 2000 watt inverter. We normally dry camp only about 10 days in Colorado every summer. The main reason for the inverter is so my wife can run her blow dryer, we can use the Keurig if necessary and to charge our Kindles and other reading devices.

Wired up my 100 Watt Renogy solar starter kit. I rewired the inside so I could use the Furrion solar plug at the front of the trailer to plug the solar panel into. Installed the controller in the front compartment. I put a disconnect switch on the positive wire going from the controller to the battery so I could shut down the controller as it will not be used most of the time.

Installed a main disconnect switch to eliminate storage battery drain.

Added the TST 507 TPMS to the tires on the ground along with the spare.

Installed a small volt meter to one of the battery boxes to check battery output.

Swapped out the shower head with an Oxygenics.

That's it for now.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    Howdy all,

We picked up our 2930RL Solitude S last Friday and did a weekend shake out trip. So far, here are the modifications:

Installed a Furrion rear camera. I put it in while camping and it did what I wanted it to do on the trip home. Mainly assist in lane changes on the freeway.

Installed a 2000 watt inverter. We normally dry camp only about 10 days in Colorado every summer. The main reason for the inverter is so my wife can run her blow dryer, we can use the Keurig if necessary and to charge our Kindles and other reading devices.

Wired up my 100 Watt Renogy solar starter kit. I rewired the inside so I could use the Furrion solar plug at the front of the trailer to plug the solar panel into. Installed the controller in the front compartment. I put a disconnect switch on the positive wire going from the controller to the battery so I could shut down the controller as it will not be used most of the time.

Installed a main disconnect switch to eliminate storage battery drain.

Added the TST 507 TPMS to the tires on the ground along with the spare.

Installed a small volt meter to one of the battery boxes to check battery output.

Swapped out the shower head with an Oxygenics.

That's it for now.
    You've been busy ! Keep us posted on your 2930 and of other mods. A number of us original 303 owners provided input to GDRV on the 2930 and continue to consider it as our next GDRV.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your furrion camera require any special wiring? Looking at my 2930 (2022) it looks like the wiring may already be there but I’m not certain
    2022 2930RL-R
    Live, Love, Laugh, Camp!