User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement A/C unit

It's been awhile since I've posted on here but I think I need a new rooftop A/C in our Grand Design 328M. It still runs but doesn't get very cold. I've taken the grill off and cleaned it but it doesn't appear to be working correctly. From a quick Google search, it doesn't appear that I'm alone with Dometic problems. I called the company and I'm out of warranty also. So, my question is....what is everyone replacing there's with? I don't want another Dometic. I read about the Coleman which may be quieter? The Dometic is loud. It's non-ducted fyi.
    2015 Momentum 328M
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our second Dometic Brisk II failed last weekend. I would like to have a Coleman but apparently it's not a drop in replacement so I would have a hard time getting our extended warranty to cover it. I'll let the warranty keep installing Dometic units until 2022 at which time I can get something better. Besides I don't have to pay a deductible for recurring failure of the same component. Trouble is the A/C only fails when you really need it.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name