User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not talked directly to grand design, the 2 shops I took it to are grand design authorized facilities and dealers. I have never heard about pressing the two side arrows simultaneously, what does that do?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have not talked directly to grand design, the 2 shops I took it to are grand design authorized facilities and dealers. I have never heard about pressing the two side arrows simultaneously, what does that do?
    Pressing the left and right arrows simultaneously is the same result as hitting auto re-connect in the menu system. But since your computer is acting goofy, I thought it would be interesting to see if you get the desired effect or if you get the same misbehavior.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will try that tomorrow morning when we head out.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks, I will try that tomorrow morning when we head out.
    Let us know what happens.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bet. I hope it works right.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same results, almost exactly 4in to low.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Lippert, not GD.

I for one will be very interested in what the final resolution to this is,...very strange.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on my original post: I leveled the trailer using auto-level after unhitching. Then I followed the process for resetting the zero point. Now when I unhitch, auto-level and later go to re-hitch by using the keypad (right and left key) the hitch is returning to the correct height for me to hook-up. I think my problem was that the place I store my trailer had to move it and the staff did not know how to use the system correctly so they messed it up. I needed to reset the zero point to get it operating correctly again.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    Update on my original post: I leveled the trailer using auto-level after unhitching. Then I followed the process for resetting the zero point. Now when I unhitch, auto-level and later go to re-hitch by using the keypad (right and left key) the hitch is returning to the correct height for me to hook-up. I think my problem was that the place I store my trailer had to move it and the staff did not know how to use the system correctly so they messed it up. I needed to reset the zero point to get it operating correctly again.
    Glad to hear it's working correctly again. I didn't think about re-zeroing, but I'll remember that tip if mine starts to act up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy+Mo - I had to do a re-level after about two trips in our new 5vr. Wasn’t too difficult and it definitely made an improvement. Before, a golf ball would roll all over the floor, after the re-level it just wiggled a couple of inches in an indeterminate direction and stopped. Used a 24” bubble level on the counter before and after, checking both axis.

Brian - We use the Auto Reconnect every time. Setting up I drop fronts 6-8 holes depending on how level the site may be. Raise the pin till I can just see daylight, unplug connections and then give wifey the highball sign to pull out. Then Auto Level. Hooking up, just Auto - Re, then wifey backs in till she bumps. (Rears retract during Auto Re.) Close hitch etc. and go.

Nice system except the location of the touch pad sucks. PITN
    Eddie, Cindy, n Maddie (our fearless Yorkie)
    2012 F-350 LWB 4x4 6.7 SRW C-cab with B&W Turnover + Companion pulling a 2017 307MKS Reflection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast