User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling System Not Returning to Hitch Height

My Lippert self-leveling system is consistently returning to a position higher than my hitch height whenever I program the system to return to the hitch height. It did not used to do this. It has done it a number of times now and continues in this way. Maybe once in the last 4 times did it worked properly. I have also noticed that when I hit auto-level after unhitching that the front jacks always extend, and the camper seems to be higher than it used to be when leveled. Any ideas here? When I drop the front jacks manually before hitting the "drop front jacks" button, I usually have them about 2-3" from the ground. There are like 13 pin holes exposed. I saw another string on this but it was for guys with Solitudes. Not sure there is a difference but thought I would ask. I have a 2017 303RLS.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    My Lippert self-leveling system is consistently returning to a position higher than my hitch height whenever I program the system to return to the hitch height. It did not used to do this. It has done it a number of times now and continues in this way. Maybe once in the last 4 times did it worked properly. I have also noticed that when I hit auto-level after unhitching that the front jacks always extend, and the camper seems to be higher than it used to be when leveled. Any ideas here? When I drop the front jacks manually before hitting the "drop front jacks" button, I usually have them about 2-3" from the ground. There are like 13 pin holes exposed. I saw another string on this but it was for guys with Solitudes. Not sure there is a difference but thought I would ask. I have a 2017 303RLS.
    We were told to drop the front gear down about 6 holes before doing the "drop front jacks" part of leveling.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not extend the front legs more than 6 or 7 holes. I place blocks under the front stabilizers, the raise the 5th wheel off the hitch, pull out the truck, blocks under the rear stabilizers and hit auto level. Done!

You may need to re calibrate your level auto level.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes on the 6 or 7 holes and blocking all around. These jacks do not have a lot of stroke and you will get out of stroke errors easily. The front needs to be above level for the auto level to work. I have not used the auto hitch reconnect feature.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff - I am guessing the re-calibrate instructions in the manual? Will have to look it up and give it a shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front needs to be above level for the auto level to work. I have not used the auto reconnect feature.

Brian[/QUOTE]

Hi Brian...
    I have Ground Control 3.0 and I've noticed that if you raise the front jacks any more after they've been grounded,
    the system will NOT return to the "reconnect height" .... because by raising the front further, its loses the original grounded sensor setting, hence cannot
    "remember" what height to return to.

I use Auto Reconnect all the time and it's a real time saver. When reconnecting, the 1 inch lower height of the grounded setting, allows the Reese hitch to lift the trailer's nose a tad, which assures a locking jaw without binding, even if you're off a little from dead center.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my GC electric system, I start by grounding the front jacks. This does not bring the pin box high enough to un hitch so I then raise manually until pressure is off the hitch plate. I then unhook and pull the truck clear and then hit auto level. When reconnecting using the auto reconnect, the pin box returns to the previous height, which was slightly higher than I need for reconnecting. I still have to lower the pin box slightly, so it will ride up the hitch plate for proper engagment. Auto reconnect will only return the pin box to where it was when auto level was selected...which would be too high to hitch up, with normal plate hitches. With gooseneck type hitches it should return a height that will allow the ball to clear. Hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rapid, interesting...
    You say the front will return to the height when Auto Reconnect was engaged ??
    Mine won't do that if I raise the front after grounding ?? Now, you've got me thinking something is amiss ?
    Ill have to recheck the manual to see if there's any procedural adjustment I need to make to achieve your result.
    I've gotten used to the pin being low enough to engage the hitch solidly. Its only an inch lower than "clearing" the hitch with daylight but I would like to raise it that one inch if possible to return to the pre auto reconnect engagement.
    Hope this isnt too vague ??

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    The front needs to be above level for the auto level to work. I have not used the auto reconnect feature.

Brian
    When I drop the front landing gear, I have to raise the front in order to take the weight off the truck for unhitching. There's no way that we're going to attempt to unhitch after only dropping the front landing gear.

I've noticed, that, after dropping front gear, then raising the nose enough to unhitch, when I hit auto-level it will drop the nose down before starting the rear gear dropping.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE]

Hi Brian...
    I have Ground Control 3.0 and I've noticed that if you raise the front jacks any more after they've been grounded,
    the system will NOT return to the "reconnect height" .... because by raising the front further, its loses the original grounded sensor setting, hence cannot
    "remember" what height to return to

I use Auto Reconnect all the time and it's a real time saver. When reconnecting, the 1 inch lower height of the grounded setting, allows the Reese hitch to lift the trailer's nose a tad, which assures a locking jaw without binding, even if you're off a little from dead center.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    When I drop the front landing gear, I have to raise the front in order to take the weight off the truck for unhitching. There's no way that we're going to attempt to unhitch after only dropping the front landing gear.

I've noticed, that, after dropping front gear, then raising the nose enough to unhitch, when I hit auto-level it will drop the nose down before starting the rear gear dropping.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast