User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I do 65 mph, about 4500 miles so far. I have a blue ox 2000 but use my 1500 bars at 8 or 9 links still haven't found the right spot as I get more porpoiseing than I like. I also have air bags but try to keep them at 10psi not sure if that's why the rides poor. Tongue weights about 1250 unless I have water on board which I only do for long trips. Have not changed tires YET!
    The biggest improvement with porpoising was getting rid of the factory shocks and installing Bilsteins. I also added Timbrens. Between the two porpoising is greatly improved.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    The biggest improvement with porpoising was getting rid of the factory shocks and installing Bilsteins. I also added Timbrens. Between the two porpoising is greatly improved.
    I don't know if putting more air in the bags would help Blue ox states 10 psi but I don't remember where I seen or heard it. I was wondering if 7 links would be better and not taking so much off the hitch I only get an 1" of drop w/o the bars and with 9 it bring is level.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    I don't know if putting more air in the bags would help Blue ox states 10 psi but I don't remember where I seen or heard it. I was wondering if 7 links would be better and not taking so much off the hitch I only get an 1" of drop w/o the bars and with 9 it bring is level.
    I'm not using air. The Timbrens don't affect the ride height of my truck with trailer on and the truck sits level. They affect things when a dip or bump in the road causing deflection of the suspension. My factory shocks were shot at 10,000 miles, lost the gas charge. The Bilstein shocks control that movement. The same dip that would cause hood to porpoise up and down by 2 ft are now limited to a single, short, well controlled movement.

As far as counting links, I place the 9th link from the end of the chain into the jaw of the tensioner. The dealer had set it up counting from the other end of the chain. My trip home from the dealer seemed a bit squirrely, when I took care of that all was good. Been in documented 40+ mph crosswinds, attention had to be paid but no sway. Movement, yes. A 40 mph gust will move a truck without a 35ft sail on behind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1,800 miles on our 2018 315RLTS with Westlake tires (will be changing out to Goodyear soon) and 1,400/14,000 lb.Equal-i-zer Hitch connected to a 2018 Ford F250 CC short-bed diesel. We travel around 65-70mph with no sway from 18-wheelers or wind. With just the two of us we don't have much cargo in the TT (lots of empty cabinets) so our GRVW is low.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always tow below 65. The tires max speed rating is 65.
    2019 Reflections 315RLTS
    2005 F250 Powerstroke Bulletproofed
    2014 HD FLHTK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it towing pretty dern good now. Got the TT level when hooked. Truck is level also when hooked. Loaded to camp. Link # 10 on the Blue ox 2000. Cat scaled it alone...empty...with link 8..9..and 10. On 10 I have 40lbs less weighton my steer axle than the empty truck alone. And that is where it handles the best. Dont know how to post pics here. Or would of the rig and all the scale tickets. Quite happy with it now. Headed out on a 500 mile trip Sunday Egg Harbour WI for 8 days...and then back..and who knows where then.
    Thanks All
    Believer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12