User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valance and wheel skirt sharp edge protection.....

Has anyone found something to cover the sharp edges of the sheet metal valance or wheel skirt “fender”? The edges are quite sharp, which I noticed when putting on tire UV covers. More worried about the dog as she likes to lie under the trailer, as far as we let her go, and when she stands up the edges could scratch or cut her.

I’ve seen pool noodles or hot water pipe covers used on the slide when extended, but I was looking for something more permanent.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about a small rubber or plastic hose? Cut down the middle, a little sealant to hold it on.
    I had a couple edges on my 303. I just bent the sharp corners over so it would not cut anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. might just do that for the trouble spots. I found some “U” shaped rubber, PVC etc... that actually has a metal insert to grab the sheet metal. Cost would be about $30 to do the whole thing, if you could buy just 50 feet. I’d have to find 100 other folks interested as you can only buy in 5000 ft rolls.
    Last edited by Skiddy; 06-20-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wondering if an auto store would have those door edge protectors,
    so it protects from chipping ???

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    I'm wondering if an auto store would have those door edge protectors,
    so it protects from chipping ???

Michael

That is a very good idea. For the doubled, partially rolled edges on the slide, door edge protectors might just do the trick. I think the sheet metal in the valance is way too thin for an edge protector to stay in place. Thanks!
    Judy & Larry

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    That is a very good idea. For the doubled, partially rolled edges on the slide, door edge protectors might just do the trick. I think the sheet metal in the valance is way too thin for an edge protector to stay in place. Thanks!
    A little silicone in the groove would bond it well. Might even add a thin slice of PVC to inside to compensate for thin wall of skirting.

Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found something to cover the sharp edges of the sheet metal valance or wheel skirt “fender”? The edges are quite sharp, which I noticed when putting on tire UV covers. More worried about the dog as she likes to lie under the trailer, as far as we let her go, and when she stands up the edges could scratch or cut her.

I’ve seen pool noodles or hot water pipe covers used on the slide when extended, but I was looking for something more permanent.
    On old vintage vehicles they used what they called "welting". It was used to cover pinch welds mostly inside door jams. The welting had tiny teeth that grabbed onto the metal so it wouldn't come off. If you search custom vintage vehicle sites you can find it by the foot.
    On our solitude GD put a couple pieces of it on only in one spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2035.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I searched the forum and found this thread which covers the same problem I have on our 2018 2500RL. I have been cut twice and since the rig is in storage I decided to search for an answer. Does anyone know the thickness of the sheet metal skirting ?
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The valance is .030” thick. Which is about 1/32”.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast