User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCI Leveling System

I have had my GD reflection 303rls 5th Wheel in Storage for about one month. I tried to raise the trailer so I can hitch it to the receiver in my truck. I get a message on panel that says LF error. I disconnected the connections; shut down all battery power for 15 minutes to allow the system to reset. Still no change. The Left Front leg when I try to extend just "clunks". The right leg will extend for about 5-10 secs. Is this issue a function of a bad battery or is there something wrong with the LCI system. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for a solution. I only need to raise the trailer 2".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey joepetro, it suggest to me that something is wrong with the LF jack landing gear. If it has a "clunk" sound I would suspect something is wrong with the motor/gearing, maybe a sheared pin, gear or shaft if you have an electric system? On my jack gear there is a little cap on top of the gear housing, if you take that cap off, stick a tool in there and try to manually raise the landing gear, does that work?

I know your gonna ask what kind of tool. I don't know, good time for me to look it up as well just in case. Looked it up for the electric system they say to use a 3/8 drive extension on a ratchet to manually operate the motor/gear housing. If you have an hydraulic system, I don't know how to manually operate the landing gear jack. But something is wrong with the LF landing gear.

Should of just kept my fingers shut. Was just trying to help/
    Last edited by Steven@147; 06-21-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The jacks need to be re-homed. If you can hook up to truck retract the front jacks , pull the pin and retract the extension tube then extend the jacks about 6 or 8 inches and then retract again.
    If you can not hook up truck , move everything far away and retract all the jacks , front included , and then extend the 6 or 8 inches and retract again.

This should get you to be re-homed and remove error.

You can also refer to the Lippert manual.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try another battery or power source. The jacks need a strong battery in order to power the pump. You can try putting jumper cables from your truck to the house battery. You can also try a portable battery jumper that you would use to jump start your car.
    You can charge your battery via the usual trailer to truck connection, but it’s going to take a long time. In the future make sure your battery switch is off when in storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk