Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water System

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Water System

I have a 2015 reflection 27RL fifth wheel. I was told that the water panel when I purchased the unit from Camping World. They said they would fix it. When I picked it up and tried to use the system, nothing would work correctly. I took it to a local RV service and they said they got it to work but the knobs had to be in wrong positions. Their diagnosis was that the system was plumbed wrong. I took it back to Camping World and they looked at it and said that the installed valve was a four position valve and should be a three position valve. The owners manual in the unit describes a different water panel than what is installed. I can't believe the wrong valve was installed, rather I suspect that the position of the valve when installed is in the wrong position. Any ideas. Camping World seems to be on a wild goose chase if you ask me. I don't think they know what to do.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bussro View Post
    I have a 2015 reflection 27RL fifth wheel. I was told that the water panel when I purchased the unit from Camping World. They said they would fix it. When I picked it up and tried to use the system, nothing would work correctly. I took it to a local RV service and they said they got it to work but the knobs had to be in wrong positions. Their diagnosis was that the system was plumbed wrong. I took it back to Camping World and they looked at it and said that the installed valve was a four position valve and should be a three position valve. The owners manual in the unit describes a different water panel than what is installed. I can't believe the wrong valve was installed, rather I suspect that the position of the valve when installed is in the wrong position. Any ideas. Camping World seems to be on a wild goose chase if you ask me. I don't think they know what to do.
    Hi bussro,

You have a Kantleak brand water panel with a four way valve. These valves have had some problems, but they can be made to function correctly. This is a "clever design" that was severely compromised by cheapening the materials from brass to plastic. Search on "Kantleak" for more of the story and see this post for how to change the cartridge in your four way valve to work correctly. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ge-Replacement Once you have a good cartridge installed (and remember to release the water system pressure before turning the valve) . . . this will be a good system.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS