Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 2015 320X Satellite Reception

I have a 2015 Solitude 320X. I use a Winegard Carryout antenna, and I have had no luck getting the signal to the set in the living room. I have four input jacks - Cable, Living room, Exterior, and Bedroom. I screw the antenna cable to the "Living Room" jack, and run a cable from the exposed jack in the living room hookup (the one which is a double, and includes the booster switch) to the TV. I get no signal no matter what I do. Suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a dish and a winegard pathway x2. I decided to avoid the trailer satellite cable all together with its inherent problems of loose splitters in hidden nooks and crannies. I run the cable from my satellite antenna directly to the receiver by threading it through the bottom right corner of the slideout closest to the trailer where the corners of the rubber come together. There is a gap under there where you can easily thread the cable. In my case, the cable enters the trailer by the bottom left corner of the fireplace. I set my receiver on that shelf of the fireplace and run an hdmi from the receiver to the tv. Others have drilled a hole in the slideout floor and installed a connector for an outside cable to an inside cable. I have had no problem running the cable through the rubber gap under the slideout.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said, most have trouble getting the satellite signal to work thru the trailer's coax wiring, and end up running cable direct from the sat antenna to the receiver.

The connectors on the coax get/are loose, that also causes problems.
    Each of the trailer's jacks and underbelly barrel connector is between the satellite antenna and the receiver, so those extra connections reduce the satellite signal.
    The barrel connectors used in the trailers usually aren't the F81 type(blue insulation) that can handle satellite frequencies.

The Living Room jack at water panel should be wired to one of the jacks on the TV booster plate (via inline connector in the underbelly).
    Sometimes that jack is imprinted with satellite on it.

A guess on how you're wanting to connect:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coax Simplified.dwg.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank