User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside Fridge Ventilation

Have the 29RS with outside fridge. Never used it. Question is can I safely use it with cover closed ? Sides seem to get pretty hot so not sure if cover needs to be left open while in use.
    Jim & Susan
    2017 GD Reflection 29RS
    2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 4X4 6.7 Cummins
    1973 Cessna 172M N1074T (when we're not camping)
    2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCI (when we're not camping or flying) :)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KStrail View Post
    Have the 29RS with outside fridge. Never used it. Question is can I safely use it with cover closed ? Sides seem to get pretty hot so not sure if cover needs to be left open while in use.
    Our fridge is in the slide on our 297RSTS and we use it all the time with the covers on. They are designed to work that way so should not be an issue.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use mine with the door closed as well, but to try to keep it open as much as possible for ventilation.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, fellas, I'll give it a try. I was just starting it up so it might not get as hot once the fridge gets cold and the heat load is reduced. I'm hoping I can get it cold, load it up, and try getting to the campground, about a 4 hour drive. Since it's a regular fridge maybe it will keep things cold longer until I can power it up again.
    Jim & Susan
    2017 GD Reflection 29RS
    2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 4X4 6.7 Cummins
    1973 Cessna 172M N1074T (when we're not camping)
    2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCI (when we're not camping or flying) :)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KStrail View Post
    Thanks, fellas, I'll give it a try. I was just starting it up so it might not get as hot once the fridge gets cold and the heat load is reduced. I'm hoping I can get it cold, load it up, and try getting to the campground, about a 4 hour drive. Since it's a regular fridge maybe it will keep things cold longer until I can power it up again.
    This is what we do, get it cold a day or 2 before leaving. We always put cold stuff in there and maybe ice sometimes. We generally travel up to 6 hours and have not had an issue yet. Staying out of both the outside and inside fridge when not under power keeps them cold.

Brian