User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

380FL 2019 Barn door bedroom and bathroom sliders.

Slider bottom plastic fasteners fail to keep door from moving while in transit. Lost my one door while traveling and caused damage to door closets and trim on our clothes closet. Also checked the black door
    Stoppers on end of rails and found they had moved from original location from doors rocking back and fourth during transit. Check little Allen head screws on bottom side and tightening them up and check ever so offten. Good luck I told my dealer Tom Schaffer RV to call Grand Design to tell them of the problem
    but when I told them they really didn’t make me warm and fuzzy with there concern. Hope I can save someone the ( o ******** when you open your awesome solitude door up and look in side and your heart stops)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We heard your concern loud and clear.

Also has been relayed to Grand Design, and as far as I am aware, submitted for warranty to cover the damage.

If Grand Design is denying the claim, I suggest calling their customer service line. Better responses from them when a customer complains.

I've personally had conversations with people in the right places at GD about their plastic straps. The latest Solitude I got in now has a nylon weaved strap.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    We heard your concern loud and clear.

Also has been relayed to Grand Design, and as far as I am aware, submitted for warranty to cover the damage.

If Grand Design is denying the claim, I suggest calling their customer service line. Better responses from them when a customer complains.

I've personally had conversations with people in the right places at GD about their plastic straps. The latest Solitude I got in now has a nylon weaved strap.
    Steve - do you know if GD has made any changes to the hardware of barn doors in newer models? We have a new 380FL arriving soon and that is the one question my wife keeps asking - do we have to worry about the barn doors coming off track?
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve I wondered about that.

On two 2018 GD trailers we found that the plastic hold-open strap on the bathroom door won't stay buttoned. I wondered if the tension in the plastic strap is part of the problem, helping to lift the closure button off its other half. We now travel with the bathroom door closed and we *think* it stays that way during our travels, but the nylon strap might be an improvement.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Steve I wondered about that.

On two 2018 GD trailers we found that the plastic hold-open strap on the bathroom door won't stay buttoned. I wondered if the tension in the plastic strap is part of the problem, helping to lift the closure button off its other half. We now travel with the bathroom door closed and we *think* it stays that way during our travels, but the nylon strap might be an improvement.
    What I find funny is that the Reflections have gone to a nice bungee type holder. The product Managers should get together and share those things.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    Steve - do you know if GD has made any changes to the hardware of barn doors in newer models? We have a new 380FL arriving soon and that is the one question my wife keeps asking - do we have to worry about the barn doors coming off track?
    On the newest 372FB I got in, they now added a "J hook" type latch. You can see it on this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails solitude.jpg  
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the newest 372FB I got in, they now added a "J hook" type latch. You can see it on this picture.
    Thank you. The models we have seen had the J-Hook.
    I guess I should have asked more directly -
    Do these doors have anti-jump disks installed?.
    A door coming off that track could do some real damage!

cd
    Last edited by Grammy&Grandad; 06-10-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really weird that I saw this post right after complaining to my wife about the very same problem yesterday. We just returned from a trip to Outer Banks and found the plastic retainer to the bathroom door laying on the floor. This allowed the door to swing out. Managed to push the plastic retainer back into place. Also found the same problem with the door leading into the bedroom. Although this one hadn't fallen out, it was certainly working its way to that point. We are heading to Niagara Falls this Saturday so I plan on rigging something up in case these retainer clips fall out again. For reference, we have the 2020 380FL that we took deliver back in October so this was our first outing in the new rig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hduncan View Post
    Really weird that I saw this post right after complaining to my wife about the very same problem yesterday. We just returned from a trip to Outer Banks and found the plastic retainer to the bathroom door laying on the floor. This allowed the door to swing out. Managed to push the plastic retainer back into place. Also found the same problem with the door leading into the bedroom. Although this one hadn't fallen out, it was certainly working its way to that point. We are heading to Niagara Falls this Saturday so I plan on rigging something up in case these retainer clips fall out again. For reference, we have the 2020 380FL that we took deliver back in October so this was our first outing in the new rig.
    So we just returned from our trip to Niagara and guess what happened?!? Got the RV in its usually place in the driveway and started opening the slides. While opening the kitchen slides, I see there is a lot a resistance on the table slide, with the wooden strip around the slide being pulled off. Immediately stopped extending the slide for fear that something associated with the working mechanics of the slide had failed. New York roads are terrible, and I thought I may have some damage. My wife actually discovered that the door leading into the bedroom was off the track. Upon further inspection of the slide, I found the wheel that the attaches the door to the rail had come off and fallen behind the slide. I was able to retrieve and reinstall the wheel. I was also able to reinstall the trim, but the flooring was a little damaged. I inspected all the other wheels and found the all the bolts needed tightening. I have talked to one other person who has encountered the same problem with these doors so I highly recommend everyone to check those bolts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the same problem with the sliders in my Solitude 382wb that go from the kitchen into the bedroom and bedroom into the bathroom. My solution to the problem was to go to Home Depot and purchase 2 of the smallest wood clamps and 2 of the smallest c clamps that I could find. I clamped the doors to the wall at the base of each door. Then just for a piece of mind I attached the c clamp to the rail as close to the slider wheel as possible to keep the door from sliding what so ever. I have used this system a couple times now for a total of 1000 miles without incident. I think it cost me less than 15 bucks for the 4 clamps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast