User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you custom ordered a TV?

Out of curiosity, I was wondering how many here have chosen to custom order their tow vehicle? If you did, what feature(s) persuaded you to custom order? For instance I wanted a Ram 3500 with 6.4L Hemi AND bench front seat. No dealer around had that combo so I decided to custom order. Added other features too but those were the ones mainly for me.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We custom ordered our Denali and I would do it the same way again if needed. I am a member of the bought the RV too big for the TV club (1500 then 2500 then decided we wanted a 5th wheel so 3500) all in a matter of 3-4 yrs. With 1st two trucks the dealer traded another dealer for the truck I wanted, but with latest truck the L5p diesel was new and trading wasnt an option. I had a list of options I wanted (Denali, white, 5th wheel prep, 2nd alternator, sunroof etc) and when you are spending 70k+ get it the way you want it with no regrets.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that the trucks capable for use as tow vehicles on dealer lots are either stripped commercial trucks or loaded to the gills (ultra expensive) trucks.

I'm a middle of the road truck guy.

And special ordering a truck equipped exactly for your use is a good way to save $ thousands.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my first special order. It was prompted by the fact that my company will not allow class 3 trucks (F-350/F-450) to be purchased under their vehicle allowance program (they put money on my check if I purchase a qualifying vehicle). I wanted the stoutest F-250 that can be purchased (High Capacity Trailer Tow Package) and that is not a truck that you will find on a dealer's lot anywhere in Platinum trim. I loved the process. The truck is exactly what I wanted. I compromised on nothing. I will probably go the same route next time as well.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I custom ordered. There were simply no F-350 short-bed pickups around at the time. I wanted the F-350 for payload since I was getting the diesel. The upside is I got exactly what I wanted.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All we really needed was the 6.7 and AISIN. Didn't care what trim it was as I don't want leather or all the other garbage they charge you an extra 15k for. Made it easy picking one up off the lot.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN