User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello to all of you

My wife and I just took delivery of an Imagine 2150RB this morning. I don't have the weight distribution jack yet so I had them deliver it to the storage place we rented. My wife Denise is 65 and I'll be 65 in August. To be honest, this has a learning curve I was not expecting. The water tanks are probably the most confusing. Leaving water in them or running with them dry. We'll dock anywhere there is a bath house and potty. Not ready for the hard core yet. Bought water hoses (2X25'), pressure regulator, Y connector with shut offs, L shape connector, power cord, sewerage hose (20') and several things like that today.

My truck is a 2013 Ford SVT Raptor. It has a 410 front end and a 410 rear end. Good for pulling about 8000 lbs total I think. I didn't get the dealer to install a hitch because they wanted 684 dollars. I thought that was a bit excessive. So I was wondering if anyone knew exactly the brand/model of hitch I would need. There was also an extra bar I think I need to get to keep it from dancing from side to side. It is hardly rocket science to install it but, from watching the you tube installations, I could screw it up really bad if not careful. I also don't want to tear my truck up. Most of all, I need to be safe. Not just for Denise and I but for anyone else we share the road with.

We're REALLY excited to get on the road and go. I would welcome anyone to offer up some information and techniques on this wonderful adventure to help us get started off right until it becomes second nature.

God bless all of you,

Randy Garmon

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats on your new RV. While $600 or so seems excessive, the dealer also should have the experience to dial in the hitch correctly. It might be worth it. Most hitches are built well and perform well and most nowadays include sway control.

Once you get your hitch, take several shorter trips to get the feel for pulling, backing and setting up the unit. Camp near a Wal-Mart or other store that has RV supplies as you will find random things you will want to keep in the RV.

Most of all, take your time and enjoy this new adventure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randygarmon View Post
    My wife and I just took delivery of an Imagine 2150RB this morning. I don't have the weight distribution jack yet so I had them deliver it to the storage place we rented. My wife Denise is 65 and I'll be 65 in August. To be honest, this has a learning curve I was not expecting. The water tanks are probably the most confusing. Leaving water in them or running with them dry. We'll dock anywhere there is a bath house and potty. Not ready for the hard core yet. Bought water hoses (2X25'), pressure regulator, Y connector with shut offs, L shape connector, power cord, sewerage hose (20') and several things like that today.

My truck is a 2013 Ford SVT Raptor. It has a 410 front end and a 410 rear end. Good for pulling about 8000 lbs total I think. I didn't get the dealer to install a hitch because they wanted 684 dollars. I thought that was a bit excessive. So I was wondering if anyone knew exactly the brand/model of hitch I would need. There was also an extra bar I think I need to get to keep it from dancing from side to side. It is hardly rocket science to install it but, from watching the you tube installations, I could screw it up really bad if not careful. I also don't want to tear my truck up. Most of all, I need to be safe. Not just for Denise and I but for anyone else we share the road with.

We're REALLY excited to get on the road and go. I would welcome anyone to offer up some information and techniques on this wonderful adventure to help us get started off right until it becomes second nature.

God bless all of you,

Randy Garmon
    Hello, and welcome from another 2150 owner. You will enjoy your trailer. It is much simpler and easier to operate and care for than many of the others. When we bought ours, they kept asking us if we planned on doing much “dry camping”. If we had said yes, they probably would have steered us toward a trailer with more complicated systems. We never use our fresh water tank, and the only time we use our water pump is to winterize the trailer. That’s not to say YOU can’t camp without hook-ups, you can. It just takes planning and prep that I’m sure you will learn about. We took our first trip to a local CG, that way if we forgot anything, we were a quick drive away. Lots of good reading here on the basics, so happy exploring!

Our dealer required us to purchase a WDH, and said they would never let a trailer go off their lot without one. That said, they offered us a used one for much less than new. As Bradnailer says, the service techs at your dealership are the best folks to install and adjust the WDH for your particular set-up. Most of the time, they’ll let you watch the process, so you can learn about it.
    Nancy and Bruce
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the Imagine. And Welcome to the forum. These people here will help you become more familiar with camping and towing and all that stuff. We had to get used to it going from a popup to our Imagine. Now have fun and go forth and explore and make memories.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42