User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from Victoria BC

Hi all,

We're new owners of a 2019 Imagine 2600RB as of today, just traded in our Heartland Wilderness 2250BH. We've been looking around at new trailers the better part of a year, more so this spring when we really started to decide what was important to us for a floorplan and features. The Wilderness was quite nice with lots of room and great quality, but since our kids no longer come RVing with us the bunks were used as storage. And we were feeling that a bit more storage (in a better layout), plus theater seating and a larger shower/bathroom area were desired; but keeping it very towable with a new 1/2 ton pickup. We looked at a lot of different models over the last few months and kept coming back to Grand Design.

Love the 2670MK and almost went for that instead, but we're thinking that might be the "retirement trailer" Love the layout and room in the 2600RB, and it fits better with our finances and driveway!

As for ourselves, I work in information technology in the post-secondary education sector and my wife works for a social non-profit society; another 7 or so years before I can retire and a couple more after that for my wife. Both of our workplaces are quite busy & stressful so camping is our downtime where we can relax, enjoy the scenery, and meet new people. We started out camping in 2012 in a Forest River 425D pop-up with two pre-teen kids and a German Shepherd, loved it a lot and moved to the Wilderness in 2015 when we got tired of setup/tear-down of the pop-up (especially if it was raining!).

Quite like the mods thread and have already picked up some great tips, I enjoy doing modifications here and there to make things a little more useful. Other interests we have are home renovations, a couple of older muscle cars, and my wife has quite an extensive quilting hobby Both of us are kind of 'foodies', always looking for new food and places to try; and we have turned into wine, craft beer, and cocktail enthusiasts as of late!

Looking forward to meeting more people in the future, take care and safe travels.
    Mike & Kari Hutchison
    Victoria, BC
    2019 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard, Mike & Kari! Congratulations on your GD purchase.

gotta say - I LOVE Victoria, BC. I've been there twice. The last time with the DW when we took a float plane from Seattle & back and left the rig behind for a few days. Sure hope we get back there.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Traveldawg. If you ever get back this way give us a shout!

We've done the float plane to Seattle and back, it's great. Would love to visit Florida sometime, especially the Space Coast.
    Mike & Kari Hutchison
    Victoria, BC
    2019 Imagine 2600RB
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and I know you will enjoy that Imagine. We have had a great time with ours.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome also from Victoria happy camping