User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did mine this last winter, was not too bad. I did have a forklift to use to get mine to the roof. My main is a Dometic but I did a Coleman for the front because I'd heard they were more reliable and quieter. It was pretty straightforward, I bought the heat pump unit and the backup electric heat strip which was a bit tricky to install in the unit (manual was garbage), but otherwise wasn't an issue. I'd recommend a roll of HVAC tape to seal everything up when you're doing it.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Did mine this last winter, was not too bad. I did have a forklift to use to get mine to the roof. My main is a Dometic but I did a Coleman for the front because I'd heard they were more reliable and quieter. It was pretty straightforward, I bought the heat pump unit and the backup electric heat strip which was a bit tricky to install in the unit (manual was garbage), but otherwise wasn't an issue. I'd recommend a roll of HVAC tape to seal everything up when you're doing it.
    Thanks ncitro! Was the Coleman quieter?
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to say because the bedroom is a lower ceiling than the living room, but I think so. I absolutely love the heat pump. We had a couple of cold snaps in May and early June and between the fireplace and heat pump we didn't need to run the furnace at all.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to say because the bedroom is a lower ceiling than the living room, but I think so. I absolutely love the heat pump. We had a couple of cold snaps in May and early June and between the fireplace and heat pump we didn't need to run the furnace at all.
    Thanks again. If I decide to go forward with this project, I may hit you up down the road for any questions.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no problem. I bought everything from rvupgradestore. They were super easy to deal with and helped me match the parts I needed for the thermostat and electric heat. My main unit had concealed damage, they shipped me a new one that I got the next day in advance of me even sending the old one back.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no problem. I bought everything from rvupgradestore. They were super easy to deal with and helped me match the parts I needed for the thermostat and electric heat. My main unit had concealed damage, they shipped me a new one that I got the next day in advance of me even sending the old one back.
    Great service! I don’t plan on installing the heat options.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they were really good to work with and had a great price when I ordered mine.

No heat options would greatly simplify the install. You'll still need to mount the control board inside the unit, but not having to hook up the electric heat will make it easier. Also with no heat it's a cheaper thermostat.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they were really good to work with and had a great price when I ordered mine.

No heat options would greatly simplify the install. You'll still need to mount the control board inside the unit, but not having to hook up the electric heat will make it easier. Also with no heat it's a cheaper thermostat.
    Which model did you go with? Looks like the Mach 8 is lower profile than the 15, but has 13,500 btu compared to 15,000. I’m not sure I need the low profile even though it would look better. I’m at 11’4” right now.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Mach 8 Plus and it's 15000 btu. I figured if my main unit died down the road I wanted it to have enough capacity to cool as well as the main until I got it replaced. I went with the 8 just to keep my height down as much as possible.

On my rig I had to shim the back of the unit some because the roof starts sloping down to the front at the bedroom skylight. I had some old rubber bumpers laying around I cut down and used.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Mach 8 Plus and it's 15000 btu. I figured if my main unit died down the road I wanted it to have enough capacity to cool as well as the main until I got it replaced. I went with the 8 just to keep my height down as much as possible.
    I’m thinking the same as you in case my OE goes bad. I have a couple dogs that are sometimes left in the trailer and need to depend on it. I also use the “Bluestream ” device to monitor the temps while away. The Mach 8 plus sounds good to me...
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast