Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I have the Mach 8 Plus and it's 15000 btu. I figured if my main unit died down the road I wanted it to have enough capacity to cool as well as the main until I got it replaced. I went with the 8 just to keep my height down as much as possible.

On my rig I had to shim the back of the unit some because the roof starts sloping down to the front at the bedroom skylight. I had some old rubber bumpers laying around I cut down and used.
    Ncitro... Im getting ready to install a low profile mach 8 ac unit on my GD 29rs. Im wondering if I will need to shim the back of it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine so. I think there 29rs I'd similar construction to my 28bh. Take a look up there and see if your roof slopes away from the skylight, it was bet prominent on mine.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a piece of 1/2" closed cell high density foam between Coleman's rear pads and the roof.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    I put a piece of 1/2" closed cell high density foam between Coleman's rear pads and the roof.

Yeah thats what I used too. I had some from and old boat bumper on my dock laying around that I cut down and was perfect.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats what I used too. I had some from and old boat bumper on my dock laying around that I cut down and was perfect.
    Wow you had that much gap? Did you use a level on top of ac to check for level? Reason im asking is because i had to send a mach ac back because the fiberglass pan cracked when I started to snug it down to my roof with the lag bolts. I only snuged it about 15-20 inch lbs when it cracked. Im thinking it was defective from factory.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf22585 View Post
    Wow you had that much gap? Did you use a level on top of ac to check for level? Reason im asking is because i had to send a mach ac back because the fiberglass pan cracked when I started to snug it down to my roof with the lag bolts. I only snuged it about 15-20 inch lbs when it cracked. Im thinking it was defective from factory.
    Yeah mine came with fiberglass cracked from either the factory or shipping as well. I threw a level on it when we did it and it's pretty close, I didn't feel comfortable shimming it anymore than we did. That said, I don't think it crowned in the middle, I think it ran downhill towards the front the whole way, so I don't know that it would have cracked if I'd cinched it down, it just would have been running downhill. Your roof may run differently obviously.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah mine came with fiberglass cracked from either the factory or shipping as well. I threw a level on it when we did it and it's pretty close, I didn't feel comfortable shimming it anymore than we did. That said, I don't think it crowned in the middle, I think it ran downhill towards the front the whole way, so I don't know that it would have cracked if I'd cinched it down, it just would have been running downhill. Your roof may run differently obviously.

Mine cracked along the front edge of the opening by the air intake. You could see it by looking up from inside the camper.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're wanting a 2nd air conditioner in our 27RL. The dealer claims they can't install a ducted Coleman Mach 8 that it has to be non ducted. The RV is prewired and ducted. Has anyone heard of this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Barb & Bert
    2015 27RL
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbelle View Post
    We're wanting a 2nd air conditioner in our 27RL. The dealer claims they can't install a ducted Coleman Mach 8 that it has to be non ducted. The RV is prewired and ducted. Has anyone heard of this?

I would look for another dealer. If the RV is ducted and prewired then there is no reason it cannot be done. Drop your inside cover for the skylight and make sure the wiring and ducting is there (it will be taped off). If so then its a piece of cake. I did my own and the hardest part was getting it up to the roof.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbelle View Post

First, my response is based on a second AC I added to another brand, 2016 model unit and the experience I had until I traded to my current GD Momentum 320G, so you will want to confirm with a current owner of your exact trailer and contact GD. I had quotes from three dealers whom all stated they only install non-ducted given the issues with upgrading the controller and thermostats.

Not saying you can't, but it is easy to check. I assume the AC is going where you have an existing vent, so if you pull the trim ring you will see what looks like tin foil covering the duct. If that is in fact there, it is capable of being ducted. However. What I found is you need add the cost of not only the the core AC unit, but also a controller to talk to the existing thermostat. If the thermostat is not multizone already, you will need to upgrade that also. My previous trailer was also wired for a Coleman Mach, however single zone thermostat, the controller and thermostat upgraded was half the cost of the AC unit, thus I went non-ducted and installed it myself in about 3 hours.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast