Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    First, my response is based on a second AC I added to another brand, 2016 model unit and the experience I had until I traded to my current GD Momentum 320G, so you will want to confirm with a current owner of your exact trailer and contact GD. I had quotes from three dealers whom all stated they only install non-ducted given the issues with upgrading the controller and thermostats.

Not saying you can't, but it is easy to check. I assume the AC is going where you have an existing vent, so if you pull the trim ring you will see what looks like tin foil covering the duct. If that is in fact there, it is capable of being ducted. However. What I found is you need add the cost of not only the the core AC unit, but also a controller to talk to the existing thermostat. If the thermostat is not multizone already, you will need to upgrade that also. My previous trailer was also wired for a Coleman Mach, however single zone thermostat, the controller and thermostat upgraded was half the cost of the AC unit, thus I went non-ducted and installed it myself in about 3 hours.
    Grand Design units are setup for individual thermostats. My unit has a separate thermostat for the bedroom AC rather than a multi zone thermostat. I believe the factory does it the same way.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can't get into the wall or have a prewired setup, I'd recommend jumping ship from the Coleman and getting a Atwood 15031. It's 15,000 BTU Non-Ducted with heat pump. Most important, it a wireless remote you can keep on a nightstand. It's a pain to have to reach up to the unit to make changes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    If you can't get into the wall or have a prewired setup, I'd recommend jumping ship from the Coleman and getting a Atwood 15031. It's 15,000 BTU Non-Ducted with heat pump. Most important, it a wireless remote you can keep on a nightstand. It's a pain to have to reach up to the unit to make changes.
    I considered the Atwood, but with Dometic buying them I was worried about future support. I have seen posts from a few people that had reached out to Dometic about it and they will not comment one way or the other, which I took as a bad sign.

Personally I would not have done it at all if it was not ducted, the main thing I was looking for was more cooling thoughout the rig, and the ability to not run the living room AC unit during the day when we were in that part of the rig. As far as the bedroom itself, the living room unit was plenty powerful enough once the sun went down and we went to bed. In fact even after adding the second unit we normally run the living room unit at night so its quieter in the bedroom.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234