User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When a wet bolt is not a wet bolt

In preparation for a long trip I decided to grease my wet bolts on the Equa Flex suspension. First thing I noticed is that all the grease zerks were pointed to the insides of the trailer so I had to crawl under the RV to grease them. One zerk was positioned straight inline and about 3" from a 4" sewer pipe (bet this one has never been greased) so I had to remove the straight zerk and install a 45 deg angle zerk. When I put the grease gun on it it would not take grease at all. I had to knock the bolt out as far as I could before hitting the sewer pipe and cut it with a recip saw to get the rest of it out. Upon examination the bolt was never cross drilled for the grease to escape the barrel. So I replaced it and turned all the rest of the bolts around so I could grease them from the outside. I asked GD why in the world would they install the grease zerks to the inside. Their answer was so the zerk would not be damaged if you had a blow out. Never mind the hydraulic lines , propane lines, electric lines, insulation and skirting that may get destroyed in a blow out. (Rant over)
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might consider replacing with Morryde wet bolts/shackles. In my opinion and many others the LCI shackles/bushings etc are not good. Much more heavier duty with Morryde. Raising the trailer a bit to take weight off the springs helps with greasing as well. When ours were upgraded the installer put all the zerks towards the outside. I actually wish they were faced inwards b/c I have to pull the wheels off to reach 4 of the wetbolts.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll look into that.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrol60 View Post
    Thanks, I'll look into that.
    HD shackles and wet bolts are a really good mod for your trailer. $200 from Performance for your Momentum

https://performancetrailerbraking.com/axles-suspension
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see where heavy duty shackles would be good but I already have wet bolts.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston