User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery question

Hey guys. I have a 2018 367BHS. I was wondering if when I am pulling it down the road will my truck connection help charge the battery? Asking because i want to keep my fridge cold but cant risk draining my battery on the 10 hrs haul to LP run my fridge. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by MarineWelder; 06-23-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your truck will help but it will not hold your refrigerator for 10 hours. There is a long discussion on this very subject. I'm not in a position to give you the link at the moment but do an "Advanced Search" and seach for "refrigerator" and user "howson".
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot. I'll give that a try!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineWelder View Post
    Hey guys. I have a 2018 367BHS. I was wondering if when I am pulling it down the road will my truck connection help charge the battery? Asking because i want to keep my fridge cold but cant risk draining my battery on the 10 hrs haul to LP run my fridge. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi MarineWelder,

If your running on propane while driving, and your truck pin connection is working properly, it will keep your battery charged while using the fridge. The fridge does of course use some 12v while on propane, but it’s my understanding that the truck will put more into the battery than the fridge would take out (on propane mode).
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Hi MarineWelder,

If your running on propane while driving, and your truck pin connection is working properly, it will keep your battery charged while using the fridge. The fridge does of course use some 12v while on propane, but it’s my understanding that the truck will put more into the battery than the fridge would take out (on propane mode).
    Yeah that's kind of how I'm understanding it from reading the forums. Seems alot of people run them without a problem so I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try. Thanks for your help as well

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineWelder View Post
    Yeah that's kind of how I'm understanding it from reading the forums. Seems alot of people run them without a problem so I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try. Thanks for your help as well
    I just reread your original post and see that you are running on propane while on the road. My original impression was that you wanted to run on AC while traveling. Propane plus the truck charge for batteries will work perfectly.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    I just reread your original post and see that you are running on propane while on the road. My original impression was that you wanted to run on AC while traveling. Propane plus the truck charge for batteries will work perfectly.
    No worries you stilled helped me to find the other forum on this topic and that helped greatly. I appreciate it.